Two of wands and emperor as feelings

Sessa70

Dear All-

This is my first ever posting on this forum;but have been following quietly on the sidelines for years.Such a wealth of information,guidance and support!! =)

So here is my question:

I did a reading for a friend who has met someone and she wanted to know how the person felt about them.Two of wands and The Emperor popped up.
I am stumped.Would it mean that the person is deciding to whether to be "an Emperor" and deciding to whether to have feelings at all as I always see The Emperor as someone who doesn't reveal much.
Rest of the cards looked positive and good regarding this being a brand new relationship and that these two have just revealed each other that they are in fact interested in each other.
Background:my friend was in a abusive relationship with her ex and finally managed to break away three years ago.She has now met someone who also went through a bad break-up due to his partner cheating on him.These two have taken tentative steps toward a relationship but are holding back.He doesn't know about the abuse in her previous marriage and she is afraid of being hurt again but doesn't feel like she can share all of her past with him yet.

Any advice and insight to these two card as feelings would be greatly appreciated!!

tarot_red

At least he seems to find it very difficult to share or open up emotionally. I get the feeling tjay she will have to make theove and keep thw relationship alive for now, if she really wants it. After a while if he opens up, things could become better.

rwcarter

Welcome to Aeclectic, Sessa70!

As these are two cards from a larger reading, did the spread have positional meanings or did you lay out X number of cards and just interpret them? If there are positional meanings, those would affect my interpretations of the cards you listed.

Rodney

Sessa70

Tarot_red- That makes sense as that is what appears to be happening.He is finding it so hard to talk about anything involving his feelings and open up past the initial reveal of interest in her.This frustrates her;hence the need for a reading =)

Rodney-She wanted to ask specific questions from the deck,so the spread did not positional meanings that I usually would have done and used if I had done a more traditional reading.

Sessa70

More thoughts....

I looked at the two cards again and gave it some more thought and wondered what if the two cards together were to mean that he has initial feelings of wanting to control her and be the leader in this new relationship (The Emperor) but is thinking about this before making up his mind or has he already made up his mind(two of Wands)?
Or could it be that he is thinking and about to make up his mind about possibly building a future with her??
I am just finding it so hard to read some of the cards when it comes to feelings;especially Majors..!!
I am left feeling ~meh myself now =))

Any additional comments are greatly appreciated!!

Mimini

HI :) I really think that the 2 swords is about a person whose emotions are blocked, withdrawn. In a situation like how does someone feel then this would be a card that it is not showing feeling. I am not saying not feeling at all just not showing it. There are many reasons why a person would feel this way including hurt from the past or undecided about where to move on from here - not acknowledging your feelings.

Is he a bit older than her? Just curious :)

:) hope this helps????

Sessa70

HI :) I really think that the 2 swords is about a person whose emotions are blocked, withdrawn. In a situation like how does someone feel then this would be a card that it is not showing feeling. I am not saying not feeling at all just not showing it. There are many reasons why a person would feel this way including hurt from the past or undecided about where to move on from here - not acknowledging your feelings.

Is he a bit older than her? Just curious :)

:) hope this helps????

Mimini- it's two of wands that was drawn...

An to add to my confusion...you asked about the age...it's actually the other way around;he is seven years younger! Which makes me question the presence of the Emperor card even more...

rwcarter

I think he's taking the time to examine what he's feeling (2W) and how that fits in with the structure he's imposed on his life post-breakup (Emperor).

exmuse

Dear All-

This is my first ever posting on this forum;but have been following quietly on the sidelines for years.Such a wealth of information,guidance and support!! =)

So here is my question:

I did a reading for a friend who has met someone and she wanted to know how the person felt about them.Two of wands and The Emperor popped up.
I am stumped.Would it mean that the person is deciding to whether to be "an Emperor" and deciding to whether to have feelings at all as I always see The Emperor as someone who doesn't reveal much.
Rest of the cards looked positive and good regarding this being a brand new relationship and that these two have just revealed each other that they are in fact interested in each other.
Background:my friend was in a abusive relationship with her ex and finally managed to break away three years ago.She has now met someone who also went through a bad break-up due to his partner cheating on him.These two have taken tentative steps toward a relationship but are holding back.He doesn't know about the abuse in her previous marriage and she is afraid of being hurt again but doesn't feel like she can share all of her past with him yet.

Any advice and insight to these two card as feelings would be greatly appreciated!!

I'd say he feels there's a choice to make at this point of the relationship. Where does he go from here. Perhaps some uncertainty and confusion? (Sort of like the two in the Two of Swords except related to energy not thoughts) not quite ready to act on the impulse (wand) but feeling it's time. With the Ace of Wands you've got the initial impulse, the tentative energy that can make for a new relationship - the motivation or passion. With the Two of Wands there's energy that's building and gaining momentum. He's starting to envision the possibilities - he can see the possibilities, perhaps 2 - because Two of Wands could represent a choice between two things? With the Emperor, what came to my mind was, whatever tentative steps he chooses to take this relationship further (to move it forward) will only happen if he *feels* HE is in CONTROL. This could stem from his own insecurities, fears and past relationships with women. I imagine this would mean he'd have to feel comfortable to let his guard down so trust can be established. I don't believe relationships generally develop in a healthy manner when one of the individuals takes a position that they must be 'in charge' or 'in control'. It sets the relationship up for an unequal power relationship from the beginning. She would have to decide how to navigate this relationship with him if trust is an issue for HIM. But given her own past history, it seems like it would be a challenge.

Mimini

Oh so sorry!!!! 2 of Wands!! That changes it :)

Mimini- it's two of wands that was drawn...

An to add to my confusion...you asked about the age...it's actually the other way around;he is seven years younger! Which makes me question the presence of the Emperor card even more...

Ok sorry - 2 of wands to me is about choices made but through personal power - not something you need to do. The picture on the card is of a person who has the world in its hands.

Emperor is a leader and also powerful (not always a man or a father figure etc)

There is a lot of power here.....not knowing the 2 people then the one feeling it feels it powerfully. The other person has a powerful effect :)

Thats what I think :)