Two of Wands

Azarial

I used the celtic cross and got Two of Wands as outcome for "Will person X come visit me?" But I'm not so sure if Two of wands can signify a journey or not. I used The Archeon Tarot, but I know in the Waite, there is a man looking out across the ocean with a globe in his hand. So I am thinking that it may stand for a journey, but I'm not quite sure. I was hoping someone may be able to enlighten me on this.

star-lover

2 of wands - im not sure if this card means a decision HAS been made about where to apply ones passion/energy between 2 things/2 people/2 courses or if the person is still preparing to make that decision

someone will come and correct me lol soon hopefully

the other cards might shed light?

Simone

When I look at an RWS two of wands, I see someone waiting. (I look at pictures usually, not so much at book meanings).

He is looking out to the sea, waiting for his ship to come in, for the time to be right, for something.

Waiting.

So as an answer to your question... I'd say not quite yet. Waiting is the theme.

Does this help?

star-lover

Simone said:
When I look at an RWS two of wands, I see someone waiting. (I look at pictures usually, not so much at book meanings).

He is looking out to the sea, waiting for his ship to come in, for the time to be right, for something.

Waiting.

So as an answer to your question... I'd say not quite yet. Waiting is the theme.

Does this help?
i thought that was the 3 of wands, the waiting for the ships to come in - after the decision/action of the 2 they are waiting to see what happens

its a lovely deck the archeon
heres a pic to see of the archeon 2 wands, looks like she is thinking but taking her time?

http://www.archeontarot.com/images/print_W02.jpg

Umbrae

My opinion....

The Two of Wands often represents a gateway to a new reality (think doorway). We may ask ourselves, “What is the next project?” It often represents the early stages of an enterprise (the threshold of a choice or conclusion). With these meanings in mind, it very often indicates a Business trip or meeting. It is indicative of planning.

So to answer your question – a trip is very likely.

of course you may want to consider surrounding cards.

starrystarrynight

I see the Two/Wands as the point where things have been set in motion but one is not quite sure if they will actually happen or not. (For example--in business--the Two might mean you have sent out the proposals but you haven't gotten the contract yet, and you're not sure if you are going to get it--it still could go either way.)

Then the Three would be the point where that which you were waiting for begins to bear the fruit of labor.

So, maybe in your case, the two means you have extended the invitation in some form, but the person you invited may be undecided whether or not to accept it yet.

Azarial

The decision to visit has been made, but we are just working on the funds to be able to make that happen. Being that things are not well financially, I was worried that it might not materialize. So I consulted the tarot cards as any avid tarot fan would do, lol.

But I was just thinking about the wands suit, the Ace of Wands being the initial spark which happened to be the card I got right before the Two of Wands. I was thinking of the Two of Wands as maybe the merging of two, then the Three of wands would be the result of the Two of Wands, as being the product of the two merging.

But when I see the Two of Wands, I wonder is he the one who is waiting, or is he the one who made the journey? When I look at him, holding the globe, it makes me think that he is a great explorer traveling all across the world. That's why I got the impression that it may mean that he would indeed come visit.

Sophie

In that case, I'd see the two of Wands as gathering energy for a project - money, emotional energy, sexual energy, etc. etc.

rainwolf

Azarial said:
The decision to visit has been made, but we are just working on the funds to be able to make that happen. Being that things are not well financially, I was worried that it might not materialize. So I consulted the tarot cards as any avid tarot fan would do, lol.
Wands are a suit of work and career. Is there any way this fits into the matter? Maybe this is saying that funds will come in through a job if you have patience and you see it through.

RubyRuby

I saw this post earlier, and I didn't answer because the information I have didn't even make sense to what everyone else was saying (Newbie insecurity), so figuring I was missing something I didn't post at all. But now after a few more posts it's starting to make some sense to me.

If the issue is financial than you have to think outside the box in order to make it happen. You have to be creative. Wands from what I've learned is about creativity. So as an outcome the two is not really an answer of yes or no, but a path to make it happen.