Upcoming Jolanda (Swedish Witch) KIT???!!!

Hedera

I found this the other day:

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/browse/book/isbn/9781572816435

which made my heart beat a little faster.
It sounds like there's going to be a book in English for the deck, finally! :D

I wonder if they're going to translate one of the two (I think) existing Swedish books, or if there's going to be a new one?

I certainly don't mind buying a kit in this case, I could use an extra deck; I've been itching to trime those huge purple borders off the new edition (the asymmetrical card titles bother me), it would turn it into a great pocket deck.

ZKEI

That's a great news!!! (though, I prefer to buy only a book)
:)

ETA: Just checked the US Games and Amazon and found this information
http://www.usgamesinc.com/product.php?productid=1073
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jolanda-Tarot-Rose-Bjorkman/dp/1572816430/

They are the same ISBN 9781572816435.
Mine (deck only) is 9783038193227

However, Product dimensions shown in Amazon is 12.4 x 7.4 x 3.3 cm, which is the same dimensions as the box containing deck only.

I wonder what's the difference between these two ISBNs, book? or just a re-print?

Hedera

ZKEI said:
That's a great news!!! (though, I prefer to buy only a book)
:)

I think US Games usually has the books available seperately, too - might not become available at the same time, though, I'm not sure how that usually works.

Le Fanu

I see it is US Games. Is this deck super high-gloss lamination?

(release date given underneath for 1st Jan 2010)

Hedera

Le Fanu said:
I see it is US Games. Is this deck super high-gloss lamination?

No, it's fine. :)
Sort of 'normal' lamination - nowhere near as glossy as the Radiant RWS.

Nice and smooth, like the older US Games decks used to be.

Oh dear, I hope they won't switch to the ultra-gloss for the deck that comes with the kit...

I love the Jolanda tarot, it's a terrific deck.
But not only is it Thoth-based, it gives it's own twist even to that tradition, which results in a few cards that really have me stumped most of the time.
It will be great to have a book to study for those cards!

Hedera

Zkei, the first link is for the deck only, which has been available for quite some time.

The second link is, I think, for the upkoming kit.
I wouldn't put too much faith in Amazon's information, they tend to be less than dependable (to put it mildly).

I've ordered books from them that, according to their listing, had 0 pages, or weighed 0,0 grams... ;)

Le Fanu

Hedera said:
Nice and smooth, like the older US Games decks used to be.
Ahhh... that link to amazon shows that it is actually an AG Muller deck, probably just distributed by US Games. Explains the nice lamination.

It' s a deck which intrigues me. Very 1970s. Like childrens' book illustrations from that period...

Hedera

Le Fanu said:
Ahhh... that link to amazon shows that it is actually an AG Muller deck, probably just distributed by US Games. Explains the nice lamination.

It' s a deck which intrigues me. Very 1970s. Like childrens' book illustrations from that period...

Ah, you're right, it's not by US Games at all.

AG Mueller lamination etc has always been great!

In spite of it's children's book looks, it's got quite a bit of esoteric imagery as well - a very interesting and versatile combination!
I could say many more nice things about the deck, but I think I probably already have, a while ago, when I first got my Swedish edition. ;)

Le Fanu

Hedera said:
I could say many more nice things about the deck, but I think I probably already have, a while ago, when I first got my Swedish edition. ;)
Oh, feel free, say away. I think you''re entitled to gush now that it is actually a different edition...

Im prepared to be converted to this deck. I might wait until the set comes out though(I regret not buying it at Tarot Chest when they had it in their "decks for a tenner" section.)

jujustar

one of my fave decks - very very interesting.... love that its a cute Thoth-based deck...haha..... but its also very serious..

cant wait to get a book