Update - mandala meditations guidance deck

Marg Thomson

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a safe and happy break...

I have news!

Firstly and most excitingly - the Guidance Deck will soon be available on APPs for iPhone, Android and FaceBook! I am thrilled to be moving into the digital age! There will be notices posted on my website: www.fullcirclemandalas.weebly.com and on my FaceBook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Marg-Thomson-Visual-Artist/174177599259352

Re the deck printing - I have been in touch with IMAGO China, who conveniently have an office based here in Australia. The customer service is superb and considering they print the majority of the decks for the major players in the spiritual and Tarot/Oracle/Guidance markets, I know I am going to get a good job done. Sure, its going to cost me a lot more because the shipping costs from China are HUGE! So be it...

I have contacted a local printer to do the accompanying guidebook which I finally completed and is now being proofed prior to final edit.

I will let everyone know when I get close to release date - there are still so many things that DON'T get mentioned - like the import duties and customs taxes and GST! Like the ISBN for EACH variant of the original item. Like Apple Developers Licenses... It goes on!

So thats the go right now... Just wanted to let you all know how much I love and appreciate all the wonderful support, requests and friendly notes from everyone who has found me here on AT. I love this community :) !!!

Blessed Be
marg

merissa_88

Very exciting news about the app! Glad your printer worries are over. :)

Alta

Sounds great Marg! You must be so excited. :)

Marg Thomson

merissa and alta - I am very excited! Also nervous, anxious, worried and mostly POOR! LOL!

Waiting really IS the hardest part!
LOL

thank you both :) xoxox

Debra

Nice web site, Marg--the alpacas crack me up! :D

Marg Thomson

Thanks Deb - I ended up covered in green spit-up goo to get the photos to do the drawing for those nutjobs LOL! xoxox

Marg Thomson

Hi everyone - back from a long break with a fresh mindset and a little more enthusiasm.

There are more things than I realised about getting all this done:

GST (I forgot about that);
apparently you have to pay for the barcode to accompany your ISBN and that costs money too (didn't know about that!);
didn't know anything about plotter or digital proofs;
learned about reading the fine print in contracts (and got totally freaked out about how LITTLE the consumer gets out of these things if anything goes pear shaped!);
learned how to use InDesign and CS5 (still prefer the GIMP);
was told that Apple may not accept the app even if you have spent the money getting it done :)();
Learned that the thick laminates on cards really doesn't work well after 6-8 months of use - my original proof deck is now so scratched it's barely viewable and the laminate is peeling and the deck is SOoo heavy and too shiny - glad I didn't go down that path NOW! :D ;

And I guess the greatest lesson of all was realising that this is one of the most important things in my life for me to do for myself -this is one of the greatest investments in ME - as an artist, a healer and a person. And will be one of my greatest achievements...

Thanks to you all for your support and encouragement:)
xoxox
Marg

Alta

wow, Marg. That sounds like quite the journey. I have seen others bringing their vision alive, and was aware that it is truly a labour of love because rarely do the returns add up. But satisfying in the end to know your vision is used and appreciated.

So, how close are you?

Marg Thomson

Alta - I am about a week off final edit of the Guidebook and then that will be off to the printer - and another thing I learned: GET A DATE! Don't let them muck you around because otherwise excuses abound! So I would hope that within a months time I will have the book printed and ready.

The deck is another matter - that will probably be another 2-3 months yet, given the size and the fact that they are being couriered from China.

The apps will be released at the same time the deck is. Worldwide. :D

I'd say June. My heart keeps telling me June. I'd love to be able to release the deck around the Solstice, but after the last time, I know not to do any planning or advertising or releases until its actually in my hands!!

That will be the hardest part, but I have a lot of other stuff to do in the meantime so will keep myself busy!

It's a journey, all right:)
xoxox

merissa_88

This is really exciting. I'm interested in tarot apps- are you blogging about your process with that?