Use of one, two or three decks and my new system

shadowdancer

Like many of you, I have used spreads in the past, and realised there are maybe only a handful that are used time and time again, covering the questions most commonly asked.

Like many of you, I have more than one deck :D

Recently I purchased the chakra arcana deck from Carol Herzer. A majors only deck but with a terrific twist - it also incorporates chakra cards AND chakra cards where the chakras are paired, with the central figure or scene being one from the tarot Major Arcana. A great deck and a great reading system still using tarot as the central theme.

I also created a 104 card set of cards of my own on the chakras. (including an 8th/earth star chakra). for chakras 2 - 6 I have 16 different ways of reading or interpreting what is going on for each chakra. This knowledge is taken from my crystal healing work.

So.....

this week I have created 8 laminate spread sheets looking at all the possible scenarios I can answer in a reading. Some spreads use the one regular tarot deck.

Some use two decks, including Carol's Chakra Arcana deck.

Some use all three decks. Where three are used, the chakra cards I created can look at how the issue is affecting the energies of the querant or their emotional/mental state. The regular tarot deck can then look at ways to address this or suggested pathways, actions etc.

In addition most of the spreads use the James Ricklef 3 card spread where one major arcana, one court card, and one minor arcana card are used.

sounds complicated?? It isn't. Each printed/laminated sheet shows the card positions, and what deck is used for each section. The reading is therefore split into subsections, each subsection using one of the decks described. It may well be one deck is used throughout, or it maybe the chakra deck or chakra/Major Arcana deck is also bought into play for an appropriate section of the reading.

I think with this it is really a comprehensive way of doing a reading and looking at an issue. It is holistic in its approach, quite detailed on each section and hopefully - empowering. I have yet to put these to use but will do so today with an online reading. And I am soooo pleased to see I now have an alternative to the Celtic Cross spread which I felt was okay, but it was a bit lame at times. I now feel my readings potentially have more oomph, more purpose and really do look at matters in the right depth that is needed. In the main between 10 / 12 cards are used.

No more thinking of a spread on the hoof so to speak. No more using a spread that has one card per position but doesn't really give enough to work on.
:) :)