Using both Tarot and an Oracle in a spread

Cerulean

Oh Luna...check out the pics and review...High Priestess

I saw from your profile a note that might make you smile about the High Priestess on these scans:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/animals-divine/

My husband laughed a lot when he saw Lisa Hunt's choice, as he remembers cats of his family past...and I now know which divinity the cats talk to in their dreams...

If you buy through the aeclectic.net links on Amazon.com, the Animals Divine is about seventeen dollars with the book, deck and the free bag...and I would have bought the Well-Worn Path like that as well, but our local independent metaphysical bookstore had the set...and so I decided what I saved on 'Amazon discount' would go toward buying the deck and book of the Well Worn path set at the bookstore.

Hope your mixed deck readings work!

Cerulean

lunakasha

Oh my....BAST~what a beautiful High Priestess....yes, very nice and fitting!!!

I have to say, even though I am terrified of spiders....the Hanged Woman card is gorgeous....and Firefly as Ace of Wands, LOVE it!!! :)

This deck is now on my MUST HAVE ASAP amazon list, along with Well Worn Path. Now, it is interesting that your local store has it in stock, because on the website it says the deck will be out in September! I would love to get it sooner if I could but....that's OK, it will give me time to rebuild my "tarot funds", hehehe!

Thanks for posting the link, and please post one of your readings with those two decks (including attachments of course!) Sounds very interesting...

:) Luna

ETA: Nevermind....just checked amazon and the WWP is available!!! (uh-oh)
Too many new decks to keep up with, LOL ;)

PlatinumDove

That's such a great idea about combining the oracle and Tarot.

TheOld

i love to add a card from a oracle with the intent of "show my what i have difficulties of see in the card" or "help me better see in this card" that help me increase my tarot understanding :)

lunakasha

PlatinumDove said:
That's such a great idea about combining the oracle and Tarot.

It is fun to *mix things up*, either with two different tarot decks or a tarot/oracle combination. And I find that I get more of a "layered" effect by combining the visual elements/symbology from two (or more) decks.

I would love to get a thread going on this topic....Cerulean suggested it initially so I am *hoping* she reads this....(hint-hint) :)

Some of the combos I have tried include:

Gothic/Madame Endora (way back when I first got them...a perfect match!)

Gothic/Barbara Walker

Gilded/Golden

Baroque Bohemian Cats/Merryday (with another reader)

Madame Endora/Titania (very interesting....the color coordination was FREAKY)

Madame Endora/Thoth

Druid Animal/Animal Knowledge/Animal Lords

That's all I can come up with right now....but I look forward to experimenting with some different pairings, and hearing if anyone else does this!

PS: I also sometimes use one or two oracle cards to clarify or add depth to a tarot reading, as TheOld mentioned.

Cerulean

Perhaps a Well Worn Path study group?

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=46484

..I may try this for a few months...wonder if someone will join me?

I'm trying to match the tarots or study tools that I want to use with the Well-Worn Path....this is just me...

For everyday--Animals Divine Tarot

For seasonal appreciation--Buddhist, Ukiyoe, one of my anime Tarot decks

For monthly personal/cultural study--poetry, Japanese calligraphy, my 100 Poem Series scrapbook/manga project...

Regards,

Cerulean

lunakasha

Cerulean said:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=46484

..I may try this for a few months...wonder if someone will join me?

I'm trying to match the tarots or study tools that I want to use with the Well-Worn Path....this is just me...

I would definitely be interested....and will hopefully have my WWP by next weekend! :D

(meanwhile I continue to visit the website and gaze longingly at the cards....)