Using Tarot to Solve Crimes...

Amythyst

For the past three years or so, I have been experimenting with using the Tarot to solve murder cases and missing persons.

I do at least two readings when I first get the story-- I prefer to have the barest of details on the case. I will then follow the news to gather information on the cases and see how accurate I am.

I always wondered if the Tarot could be used for practical purposes like this and I've never known anyone else who did this. The results are sometimes startling and I find it amazing and heartbreaking at the same time.

I have never spoke up or tried to contact law enforcement and actually give them any of this information. Mainly because I feel they would take a very dim view of the whole idea.

Has anyone else used the Tarot in this manner and, if so, how do you think your results were?

firecatpickles

We had a death threat made against another student at school this last year, in the form of graffiti on a bathroom wall. It was in "count-down" form.

I did a reading and came up with information that could very easily be delivered to one of the assistant principals. I met with her and she was immediately able to narrow down their list of suspects. They got to the bottom of it the next day and resolved the issue.

See the actual spread here.

K:spade:K

Crowqueen

Amythyst said:
Has anyone else used the Tarot in this manner and, if so, how do you think your results were?

You can read tarot for most things if you know how to interpret the cards for that particular idea. There is no "right" or "wrong" way to use them.

Kilts - sounds fascinating.

Nevada

It seems as if this would be an excellent method of training oneself and testing one's accuracy, too.

Nevada

shelikes2read

Amythyst said:
For the past three years or so, I have been experimenting with using the Tarot to solve murder cases and missing persons.

I do at least two readings when I first get the story-- I prefer to have the barest of details on the case. I will then follow the news to gather information on the cases and see how accurate I am.

I always wondered if the Tarot could be used for practical purposes like this and I've never known anyone else who did this. The results are sometimes startling and I find it amazing and heartbreaking at the same time.

I have never spoke up or tried to contact law enforcement and actually give them any of this information. Mainly because I feel they would take a very dim view of the whole idea.

Yes! I got started reading Tarot, along with several friends of mine, in 1978 when we were all 14 years of age. A few months after we started learning to read cards, a news story broke whereby a well-known actor was murdered. We did follow the case, as best we could, by doing about a billion card readings over the next few months. I still have the notebook where we wrote everything down. To this day, I write up readings in the same style that we perfected back then. :)

One of these days, I think I should dig out the book and review the reading interpretations. With the benefit of years of reading experience (insead of months) and age (42 as opposed to 14), I'm sure to see nuances and details that we missed back then.

Two things I distinctly recall us ferreting out were that the actor knew the person who killed him, and that there was a woman involved. The case remains unsolved to this day, though MANY years later a person went on trial for the crime. Surprise, surprise, it was a person the actor knew. And they were both involved in, um, promiscuous behavior with women at the time leading up to the murder.

The individual was acquitted, at least in part due to a lack of physical evidence after so many years had passed (and after the authorities fouled up as far as keeping track of evidence they DID gather). But the police did believe he was the culprit, and so the case remains on the books, unsolved. He has since passed away, so we'll never be able to know for certain what happened.

We never contacted authorities with anything WE found, either. We figured that they'd think we were nuts if we tried. How could a bunch of high school freshmen, who've been reading cards for a few months, provide usable information to a bunch of law enforcement officers who are located three time zones away? Even if we were perfectly on target on all counts, I'm sure the response would've been along the lines of, "That's nice. Now run along and play, and leave the police alone to do their jobs."

I can't recommend following news stories highly enough, though, as a good way to "practice" and get relatively quick feedback on results. Well, at least as long as the story remains in the headlines, there'll be feedback, anyway. And thanks to the internet, there's always the chance of ferreting out additional stories about the news item SOMEwhere, even after it's disappeared from your local news.

Keep on doing what you're doing. FWIW, we found it very helpful to the learning process to follow a news story avidly via Tarot readings.

ZenMusic

I carefully avoid such ... I'm quite psychic .. and often get asked for advice.. but when I'm asked to "look" into violence/crimes I have to refuse...otherwise i'm opened to those images etc.. i'm too sensitive to deal with that .. even for a good cause... i see shadows enough just doing readings for "normal" people..

shelikes2read

I can see how that kind of effect would be a drawback to reading on news stories about crimes. In that case, if you're interested in doing readings on news stories, you might seek out the ones that have no components of criminal or evil behavior.

I know, I know -- most news media live and die on their reporting of crimes, accidents, and other sources of human suffering. To find a story without distressing content, you might have to embark on a major treasure hunt through the newspapers. But it'd be worth a try if you're interested in trying the "Do readings on news stories" experiment.

Amythyst

You've all been very helpful and encouraging and I will continue on with these "experimental" tarot readings.

At least I feel now that I must be on the right track.

Thank you.

starchild

hello everyone. im new hear. have been around the forums for a little while trying to get used to the place. but i love it already.
anyway this i s my first post.
i have always been interested in readings to solve crimes although its something i have not done yet. i thought about it quite a bit though, im not even sure why this intrigues me so much as i dont even like watching the news and just watch it once a day to keep up with the ever so fast world.

phew how was that for a first post.

Sian100

That's fascinating stuff. I've certainly heard of psychics helping police with their enquiries before, but not through reading tarot cards.

I also may take that idea of reading about news events in order to practise. Thanks for the idea.