Usings tarot without solid meanings

etty

Hello! I'm new here. I'm from Holland,excuse me for my poor english.
I use tarotcards for over 4 years now. At first, I started with a very ugly edition and a booklet.
Soon, I bought the Morgan and Greer deck. I learned to use the cards with my intuition, wiithout a booklet. I don't know the "official" meanings of the cards, but the images are so clear and colourfull, i don't need a booklet. With this way of reading tarotcards, there are endless possibilities, because instead of78 meanings there could be 1000! Because I read the cards differently with every question , or person or whatever. I just tell what I feel with the cards.
I never managed to do this with the Rider Waite, personally, I don't like the artwork of this deck.
I use the Symbolon deck a lot now because I love the artwork and clear images!

Are there more people using the cards this way?

BeyondtheVeil

Yes definitely! For me, I love my DruidCraft and Hanson-Roberts decks for that. They have great detail that helps give readings with just looking at the pictures. It is funny because the same card can give me different meanings for different people that I am reading for.

I also had a hard time reading intuitively with the RW deck. When I started reading this way it really did open up reading for me.

Welcome to the AT Forums, etty! :heart:

BeyondtheVeil

nisaba

<Warm smile> Welcome, Etty! You'll find you and your style of reading fit in very well around here.

rwcarter

Welcome etty!

You're an intuitive reader. There are many of you here at Aeclectic. I tend to do a mixture of intuitive reading along with traditional meanings. There is no wrong way to read tarot cards as long as you're happy with the results you get.

By the way, although it's 78 cards, Symbolon is actually an oracle and not a tarot deck. If you're interested in finding out more about that deck, check out the Oracle Decks forum.

Rodney