"Vegan" deck?

WolfSpirit

The Badgers Forest is a cute deck!

The Animal-Wise Tarot by Ted Andrews consists of only photos of animals. It's not for everyone, but I think it reads quite well - I also like the companion book that comes with it.
Has the Animal Wisdom Tarot by Dawn Brunke been mentioned? The only people I saw in the deck were hugging animals, I think. The swords suit is renamed feathers, and the 10 feathers are vultures and a dead animal so no humans involved.

Onaorkal

Thanks for those suggestions WolfSpirit!! ♡

I had never seen the Animal Wisdom Tarot before and I find the images gorgeous!!!
Another temptation to be added to my wishlist!

I've come across the Animal-Wise Tarot before but I didn't realized it could fit my requirements!
I do like the photographs and I think I would be able to connect with it so I might add it in my list too :)

WolfSpirit

I find the Animal Wisdom beautiful too.
The suits are branches, shells, feathers and fossils

Calayvie

[emoji15] [emoji1] I was going to suggest both Animal Wise Tarot and Animal Wisdom. I don't have Animal Wise but from the images and descriptions I think it would suit wonderfully, plus its by Ted Andrews and he's a true Animal Lover.
Animal Wisdom I have but haven't used yet, haven't really had a chance. But it looks beautiful and I think it fits your criteria. I think the deck creator is an animal lover and educated in Animal Communication among other things.

The Animism Tarot I agree with you there on the Temperence card. I love the artwork of that deck but can't purchase it because of the Liger, which, well i won't go into why its a man-made abomination of nature that does not contribute to the conservation of either the endangered tiger or the lion, and misleads the public about big cats, and causes unnecessary suffering for the actual cats that are inbred and genetically and healthwise screwed up! Oops!
I could accept it a little more if the LWB discussed and acknowledged and educated people about the situation and biological unrealism of the Liger, but it doesn't.

I admire you for your thread! Don't compromise on your principles! Its that compromise that leads to states of lesser than ideal. Your idea is great, just wait for deck creators to catch up with it, or create your own! You have opened my eyes to this now, and I will be watching for decks that truly fit the vegan idea!

Sent from my R5 using Tapatalk

Serenia

The Animism Tarot I agree with you there on the Temperence card. I love the artwork of that deck but can't purchase it because of the Liger, which, well i won't go into why its a man-made abomination of nature that does not contribute to the conservation of either the endangered tiger or the lion, and misleads the public about big cats, and causes unnecessary suffering for the actual cats that are inbred and genetically and healthwise screwed up! Oops!
I could accept it a little more if the LWB discussed and acknowledged and educated people about the situation and biological unrealism of the Liger, but it doesn't.

She does mention this in her blog, though. She doesn't go into too much detail, but anyone who is interested can then do further research about it (as I did when I got the deck and read what she wrote about this card). I do see the issue, of course, but for me personally the image works on a symbolic level.

Onaorkal

She does mention this in her blog, though. She doesn't go into too much detail, but anyone who is interested can then do further research about it (as I did when I got the deck and read what she wrote about this card). I do see the issue, of course, but for me personally the image works on a symbolic level.

The fact that the Temperance has alchemy as one of its meanings/symbols COULD have been a good reason to choose a man-made animal, but I find her explanation doesn't go in depth at all...it's merely "I know that the liger is really not a perfect creature but it's too beautiful I wanted it in my deck."
It doesn't work for me unfortunately.

But I think what really put me off with this deck it's the presence of the alligator on a card with Egyptian plovers in its mouth....those are nicknamed "crocodile birds" and do have a symbiotic relationship with crocodiles only and not alligators at all.
I saw the creator of the deck is aware of this fact but decided to draw an alligator anyway because she preferred it that way. :(

As a pretty much nerd/scientific-oriented nature lover I can't accept those reasons so easily haha so I'm hesitant to suggest this deck to everyone I know.

Calayvie - oh thanks for the kind words! When I started the thread I really wasn't expecting so many helpful answers.
And indeed I might make my own tarot deck one day! So much symbolism to work with! :)