Victorian Fairy Tarot

Annabloem

I really like the look of this deck, I wish there were more pictures of it, but I am interested in this one. (I just have a soft spot for faerie decks)

desertrat

I went to Llewellyn's website to look again at this deck as it is due out in early September. I discovered that if you click on the "Browse Inside" option you can view 32 of the cards. These fairies are definitely the old fashioned Victorian type and the cards have a different feel than most fairy decks. I believe it won't be just another fairy deck. But then when it comes to tarot decks, my tastes tend to not be very discriminating. :)

ETA: Oh, and the suits are the seasons rather than wands, swords, cups and pentacles.

DaisyDragonfly

I've just checked it out at the Llewellyn website. I wasn't sure at first but I love the name changes to the majors and I really like the use of the seasons instead of the traditional suit names. Definitely one to add to the collection.

(If I find it for sale here in the UK, that is. There's been a few Llewellyn decks I've never seen for sale in the shops here - Ghosts & Spirits, Llewellyn Anna K. But that's a topic for a different thread, possibly!)

Miss Divine

Just ordered this along with another fairy themed deck. I adore these images!

rachelcat

I love the idea of the Goblin Market for the Devil! http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/174262

(Oh, but the seasons are messed up. Astrologically, if Wands/fire are Spring and Cups/Water are Summer, then Swords/Air should be Autumn and Coins/Earth Winter. Sorry, a pet peeve of mine . . .)

The artwork is lovely, though. These fairies really have personality!

Le Fanu

Not really one for fairy decks but this one has very beautiful artwork!

Some really wonderful imagery going on in this deck. I love the Death card - burying a bird - so touching. I'm not sure about Goblin market as the Devil. Trying to work that one out. Apart from temptation - lots of juicy fruit. But in Christina Rossetti's poem I don't remember this scene.

I love the look of it but all the scans are borderless and I suppose it will have borders and lose some of the impact seen in the scans.

Padma

I've really been dithering about this one...and still am. But I do love the illustrations :)

Just not sure I am chosen by the fairies...crows seem more likely.

Off I go to dither some more. If a fairy falls in the forest, does anybody hear? lol! How can I know if the deck is really for me, if I feel so - uncertain about it...?

gregory

by Lunaea Weatherstone, Gary A. Lippincott

wasn't Lunaea a Harry Potter character?

Lunaea did the Full Moon Dreams deck, which I really like, so I imagine I will like these too....