Victorian romantic : error in book ?

Xavier

Hello.

I've been searching the forum for a similar post, but have not found any.

I'm currently reading the victorian romantic companion book and have found what appears to be a mistake. the keyords for "strength reversed" are the exactsame as for "whariot reversed". While it sometimes kind of makes sense, I still believe it's a prinitng error.

Does anyone know if Karen (or anyone else) has posted a correction somewhere ? I don't want to send an email to her just for that tiny thing if the issue has already been adressed.

Thank you.

Xavier

baba-prague

Hi Xavier. Well, no one else has pointed this out, but it does sound like a typo. I'll check (probably not today but as soon as I can) and then maybe put up the real meanings on the site. Thanks for spotting it!

Grizabella

Yes, mine does too, now that I've actually gone to look.

As you get more experience with reading the cards, though, you'll leave book meanings behind and it won't matter. Just develop your own meanings. :)

faunabay

Same with me. My book is the same too, but I've never noticed it. :D

I don't need the book at all. I never really did with these cards. They don't just speak to me, they won't shut up. ROFL

So while I read quite closely and love all the other stuff Karen puts in her books I usually just flip through the card meanings - or maybe look up a card or two if I'm stuck.

firefrost

I'm the same as faunabay - and I've not been able to put the deck down since I got it.

Xavier

Well, I can really understand all that you say about not needing the book because the deck is so talkative.

But I bought the book so I could read it. And if you have it too, you should also read it. Because it's a joy to read. I found the text would often give me insight into the card that I wouldn't have thought of in the first place but which fit the pictures perfectly.

Reading a tarot book from start to finsh is often a daunting task, and to be honest, I have never managed to do that. Although I certainly recognize the genius and life-changing potential of 78 degrees of wisdom, I was too bored before I reached the middle of the book to get any further. Really not my style, that's all.

But the companion book of the victorian romantic tarot has such a way of telling stories, of staying quite down-to-earth and practical without bordering on the fortune-telling... I just have to read it all. And I'm enjoying it. Plus, I finally found a book with an approach of the court cards that I can adopt !

So if you think you can read competently with the VR without reading the book, you are probably right. But you're still missing a lot.

Xavier

firefrost

Xavier - If you get the Bohemian Gothic, the latest by MRP, You'll find that this deck has a beautiful companion book as well.

The books by Karen and Alex are indeed a brilliant read, extremely informative and lovely to pick up and browse when the mood strikes.

What we've said is they're not necessarily needed to do readings with.

As for the 78 Degrees, I use it as a dictionary when I want to look something up. :)

Skydancer

Personally, I just like reading Karen's work!! (The tarots are nice too, however. :laugh:)