Tarot of a moon garden

Miss Divine

Hi,
I'm getting this deck as a gift from somebody but I've never seen them except for some online scans.
For those of you who have it, what is it like? Is the book good? Are they gentle or more childish?
I'm excited to get them...always exciting to get new tarot cards!

Thnx!

pippi

The scans on AT don't do it justice. The scanned images look washed out, and the cards are actually much deeper in color. I don't find them to be childish, but rather magical/mystical...as if you've stepped into a fantasy world. I love that the cards are all set in night-time scenes, with only a couple of exceptions. I have the book, and have liked what little I've read of it, but I haven't taken the time to explore it much. It's a little unique, in that each card is accompanied by a ritual.

Congratulations on your new gift. You'll have to let us know what you think of the deck when you receive it! :)

6 Haunted Days

I just got this deck a few days ago! I had the book but no deck. Pippi is right, the scans don't show the depth and gentle shadings and colourings. It's very vibrant.

It's a very magical, fantastical, erethral and gorgeous deck. The images are soft and gentle. Infused with the lights of the night...stars and moon. Castles, unicorns, pegasus's, faeries, dragons, jesters and hot air ballons, even a carousel abound. It's a land just this other side of the "real world". I love it! I want to go live on the moon :)

I would say it isn't the best deck for beginners, some say the the images are overcrowded or look alike but I disagree. I love all the dense foilage and looking for little details. She makes the landscape and this otherworld come alive with each card. It seems it's very own realm. A very favourite aspect are all the night scenes, so rare in tarot.

The companion book is great! There is the rendering, a description of each card which she does in a very poetic and lyrical way. The reading, where she gives her interpertation of the image and card. Finally the ritual, there are some pretty useful, deep and wonderful rituals here. Very simple and direct, no ceremonial magic here. She is Wiccan/Pagan and it flows through her writings. She's a great writer as well as an amazing artist imo. Well worth the extra $10.

I hope you enjoy your new deck, it's a wonderful tarot!

sashie

It was my first deck, I used it, and nothing else, for four years.

I love it. I don't own the book, but it's on my wish list. It's not childish, but it is very non threating. The minors were difficult for me to read at first. They're beautiful, but I don't see them as showing a story.

And the scans I've seen around are definitely lacking. I think when you actually see the deck in person, you'll be very impressed. It's so lovely.

Congratulations!

Briar Rose

Yeah, it's a gentle deck, not childish. It holds good readings.

Cerulean

How funny...the book to me is not childish, but the art...

...seems to remind me of movies-for-the-enchanted-young-within-me.

I don't mean to be negative--sometimes a lively charm is a cheery way to read tarot and I enjoy such warm colors and mood.

I look at the merry-go-round and rainbows and think when I was a teenager, I sometimes liked things to be 'pretty' and 'lively,' not quite realistic. If I compare the Moon Garden mood to the Universal Fantasy from Lo Scarabeo, I'd say I'd recommend the Moon Garden to those who liked gentle charm. Perhaps a little older in spirit than the nursery rhymes depicted in Mary Hanson Roberts' Whimsical Tarot from U.S. Games...but just as bright and appealing.

Hope my notes describes the art and what I mean...

Best wishes,

Cerulean

pippi

I think when comparing it to the Universal Fantasy, the Moon Garden's fantasy world has more of a naive feeling...with maybe a more optimistic vibe to it. (I don't have the UF, but am basing this from the various scans I've seen online.)

Miss Divine

Thank you so much for the link Sulis!
I like them alot from what I can see from those scans.

I will post when I get them and let ya guys know how I like 'em.

shadowbane

I'm awaiting this deck myself. I feel so excited like a child. new decks get me buzzed.The scans online I have seen are pale and I m happy to hear that I have heard the images have ore depth to them. The main reason im drawn to them was the idea of the carousel for the wheel of fortune and the lovers card. They are the only 2 images i have seen. Sounds abit trusting doesnt it.
i found this link since and refuse to look at all I dont want to ruin the surprise.

http://www.angelpaths.com/decks/moongarden/index.html

be warned all the suits are in that link. so look only if you are sure you want to.im itching to look but stopping myself.

I am hoping I can find people who wont mind me trying the deck out on them on the forum. I really want to get to grips the deck.