Tarot of a moon garden

MeeWah

The deck's appearance belies its depth & capacity for the edgier readings. A good example of 'not judging a book by its cover'.

Queen of Disks

This deck (and the Kitty Kahane) showed up at the Borders near me today, and I had to get it. I had wanted it for a long time. I haven't gotten to read with it yet, but I do love it so far. There is so many little details to it that I have to let my eyes adjust to it first. It reminds me of all the Lisa Frank school supplies I had in grade school.

(I love the Kitty Kahane, too. I got that one on impulse-I had never wanted it before. Its a quirky little deck, with all sorts of weird details and funky colors. Wasn't there a thread about it somewhere?)

6 Haunted Days

Queen of Disks said:
This deck (and the Kitty Kahane) showed up at the Borders near me today, and I had to get it. I had wanted it for a long time. I haven't gotten to read with it yet, but I do love it so far. There is so many little details to it that I have to let my eyes adjust to it first. It reminds me of all the Lisa Frank school supplies I had in grade school.

(I love the Kitty Kahane, too. I got that one on impulse-I had never wanted it before. Its a quirky little deck, with all sorts of weird details and funky colors. Wasn't there a thread about it somewhere?)

Yes, the Moon Garden does remind me too of Lisa Frank's stuff! I remember collecting her stickers and folders :)

I started a thread on my much loved Kitty Kahane here http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=87506&highlight=kitty+kahane a few weeks ago! I just adore it, don't you love the little booklet too? I love it so much I wrote a review of it for AT! It certainly is one little odd duck of a deck, one of my now favourites.

Queen of Disks

Thanks very much, Six! :) The booklet IS very nice!

(I think it's the unicorn hanging around in the Moon Garden cards that reminds me of Lisa Frank)

Queen of Disks

You are never going to believe this....

I haven't even read with the Moon Garden yet and I already lost the Three of Staffs!!! :( I was looking through it last night before I went to bed, and it's gone :bugeyed: and I can't find it anywhere. I haven't had the time to tear apart my room looking for it yet. I know this deck is probably trying to teach me a lesson, but I wish it did it another way :mad: :mad:. I've just looked through it a few times, and that's it. It hasn't even left the house. It makes me mad because I've never lost a card from anything before. Also because I spent my hard earned money and my Borders gift card on this thing and I've wanted it for years, and now I can't use it!!!! I hope I don't have to get another one (but if the card doesn't miraculously show up soon-and it might, from what I've read -I may have to.) :(

6 Haunted Days

Are you positive it was there in the 1st place? If not, write to USG and ask for either the card or a replacement deck!

Queen of Disks

I believe it was there. (Then again, the cards do tend to look alike.) I'll have to look some more.

Thank you, Six.

shadowbane

MeeWah said:
The deck's appearance belies its depth & capacity for the edgier readings. A good example of 'not judging a book by its cover'.

You are so right I got the deck today in a trade. I have the companion book with it and didnt expect the book to have details of rituals with each card
. I do feel this deck needs specific spreads to use with it. I felt that a 3 card spread didnt cut it when I was working with it quickly. This deck seems to have a lot of hidden qualities and I'm keen to find out what.

I just couldnt wait for xmas and had to see it. happy I did.

p.s does anyone remeber a cartoon called funny bones? 80's cartoon weird colours...they had a skeleton dog too. The deck reminds me of that so much and when small it always made me happy to watch.

Queen of Disks

I looked at the Taroteca link, and I don't think I had the Three of Staffs in the first place. :( I emailed US Games, hopefully I will hear back from them (probably after Christmas).

If all else fails, i will probably post something in the single cards thread in the Tarot Trading forum.

6 Haunted Days

Queen of Disks said:
I looked at the Taroteca link, and I don't think I had the Three of Staffs in the first place. :( I emailed US Games, hopefully I will hear back from them (probably after Christmas).

If all else fails, i will probably post something in the single cards thread in the Tarot Trading forum.

They should be good about it. I really wish I had that xtra copy I had a few months ago! I gave it away as a gift, if not I'd just send you the deck :)

Much luck on getting a replacement, I know how much you wanted to use this deck. I've had this happen with my MRP Fairytale deck, 2 Temperance's and no Devil }) (what message was I getting there?!) and I still used the deck until Baba sent the card. Go ahead and still use it, I won't tell ;).