Victorian Romantic Tarot

Rhinemaiden

No, I mean I really can't. I bought a Daniloff, a Tyldwick, and a Deck of the Bastard. I also pre-orderd a Malpertuis Lenormand. I don't know anything about Lenormands yet, but it said it was meant to be a companion to the Tyldwick and I was like, well then you can't really have one without the other, right?

I also bought several mass produced decks these last two weeks:

Night Sun
Sherlock Holmes
Golden Tarot by Kat Black
etc
etc

I'm DONE now. And I think the Deck of the Bastard is going to win, as far as what I was looking for. So, in all, it might turn out to have been worth it.

Nice list!!! I don't know what you're looking for.... but I see that you have an RWS in your collection, for me that's a touchstone... when I get a new deck I compare it to the RWS, both for similarities, and for insights into the new deck. Enjoy, you have a wonderful journey awaiting...

MoonGypsy

Nice list!!! I don't know what you're looking for.... but I see that you have an RWS in your collection, for me that's a touchstone... when I get a new deck I compare it to the RWS, both for similarities, and for insights into the new deck. Enjoy, you have a wonderful journey awaiting...

Wow, truly! What an incredible start! Quite a delectable list. i am really happy that a VR has now been added! The mini 2nd is really lovely...

Leo77

I think if I never bought another deck for the rest of my life, I'd have enough here to keep me busy.

I was thinking about maybe signing up for a Deck of the Month or Week thread, if it's open to new people, in order to dive in and get better acquainted with one of them.

MoonGypsy

and HOW many decks in your collection??? LOL

Mwah? }) More than some, less than many...;) i bought my first deck in 1970...
But my collection list has dwindled quite a bit in the past year...
It fluctuates so much, that i don't even bother to keep it in my profile any longer.

Leo77

As I was researching, I stumbled onto Le Fanu's blog, My Curious Cabinet. Well, that's a terrible little site. The way Le Fanu writes about each deck makes me want it, whatever it is. I wasn't sold on the Tyldwick until I read that post and it made me see the deck in a whole new way. It was well-written and poignant, in a way.

That's like the most enabling blog I've ever come across. Geez. It was Le Fanu's love of VR that made me re-think.

Dark Victory '39

It was Le Fanu's love of VR that made me re-think.

people have bought things for worse reasons.

Seriously, it's a great deck; i too was meh about some images when i saw them online, and liked others quite a bit and had to wait a long time for the most recent edition. A lot of friends and family members who come for readings always tell me that this seems like such an authentic deck to them; like this what they have in their minds when they picture tarot, which i find quite interesting given it has a fair amount of non-trad imagery.