Victorian Romantic The High Priestess

ana luisa

I just got my deck today!! And after reading this thread I feel a bit reluctant to tell you what I see, so please just my take on the card... I don´t see animals. I see ectoplasm. And as said before, she shows a tremendous amount of female power and confidence. She exhudes force: the cauldron may contain blood (energy, menstruation), her hair is untied (very significant to me) and she exposes her breasts in total "lack of shame". This HP is a Wonderwoman of the spiritual world. The heated blood turns into this vapourous substance that then materializes into her. How powerful can that be?!

Pook

ok...sorry...I had to go to work...(my daughter made me...told me to go to work and make her some money and bring it home LOL:D)

The lion I see is on the left edge of the smoke just before it turns and heads upward and to the right. In fact, he's almost that whole big puff of smoke coming from out of the pot. I think that (if I'm right) what you are seeing and calling the salmon, might be my lion's nose. Below that, the bulge is the muzzle, and the very white spot is the open, roaring mouth.

I can see the skull, and I also see a couple of different birds in flight, and most of a human head down at the bottom comprised of mostly the pink smoke. The top of the head dissapears into the lion, but I can definitely make out the ear and chin, back of the head, and mouth and nose.

I have to say, I like Ana Luisa's take on the "lack of shame" aspect. I am glad that someone has seen strength in her for all the weakness, or vulnerability I found in her surrender to the trance. I think now that that look of wariness on her face might not be for herself, but for anyone who may be watching. She hopes that all of the strange and varied things she is about to channel will not be too much for you to handle. I can see that look as meaning "Are you sure you want to watch this? Please be sure, because once started, it cant be stopped until it's done."

Jewel

ana luisa said:
I just got my deck today!! And after reading this thread I feel a bit reluctant to tell you what I see, so please just my take on the card... I don´t see animals. I see ectoplasm.
Don't be reluctant!!! common, you have read the different things we all see *LOL*. What is wonderful is that I think we have all found a lot more depth in this card than we had originally thought was there (by the way Pook, I still can't find the lion *LOL*). Why not ectoplasm????

This discussion has really broadened my perception of this card and added more depth to it for me. In readings I am sure that the smoke will reveal more of its mysteries to me when appropriate to the question. I might even find the lion! All I know is that when this card comes up I know I will study it a bit more before interpreting it as I know it has hidden secrets/mysteries to reveal.

marybham

Victorian Romantic High Priestess

OK, you've all got me going now.

So far I hadn't noticed any animals in the smoke but I'm off to have a look in a minute.

I absolutely love this deck and although I have both versions I prefer working with the gilded version (limited edition). It is so much richer and more satisfying.

Yes, I definitely sense the strength in her surrender. I picked that up from the Thoth Priestess too. Almost a sense of being strong enough and sure enough of herself to surrender to the higher power/force.

And I get that sense of abandon to the surrender as she lets the power flow through her, definitely no sense of shame, more a revealing of what is.

This deck is gorgeous and this has to be one of my favourite cards. She is so haunting and mesmerising as well as being mesmerised.

Beautiful. I'm off to find dragons, labrawolves or whatever I can find.

Thanks for the insights :)

Mary

Grizabella

I see a big fat white rabbit just going off the card up by her hand and down her arm. It's facing away from her. And I see a baby spirit (reminscent of NOVT spirit imagery) coming out of the cauldron smoking a meerschaum pipe. I see a fish coming up from her elbow, facing her. And I see a lizard head right above the baby spirit and the pipe.

I used to love to find faces in clouds, so I'm good at this kind of thing. I could probably find more. :D

As for the woman herself, she does seem to be in a self-induced trance, or at least to give given herself over to one even if not self-induced. She looks to be in a place by herself mentally and spiritually and not in tune with anything around her, as though it's part of some sort of ritual she's engaged in. Although young, she's got lots of wisdom.

This reminds me of the thread we had about the sexuality of the High Priestess. She certainly does seem to have an ethereal sexual, sensual quality here.

MysticOracle13

Soooo I JUST got this deck & it's AMAZING! The card I'm in love with...our High Priestess! As soon as I saw her I was captivated. She was the first card I tried to do a meditation with. Gazing at the Image I was reminded of Cassandra of Troy. She was the High Priestess of Apollo, who gave her the gift of foresight. Unfortunately when she denied his advances he cursed her so that no one would believe anything she said, ultimately deeming her the doomed prophetess or the Hysteric Oracle. Anyhoo in the card the high priestess has her hair loose & seems very free reminding me of Cassandra. She was strong willed & still tried to help even though peeps didn't pay too much attention.