Void-of-Course Moon

afrosaxon

That was an interesting blog.

I Googled and found this site, which is rather informative: Void of Course Calendar/Table

It makes sense why my phone call on Tuesday around 5pm hasn't had the result that I'd hoped for...:( *sigh*

T.

AquarianGoddess

I was born with the Moon VOC and have found that VOC periods actually work in my favor. Also, there are at least four signs where the VOC Moon is still "workable", Pisces being one of them.

Perhaps Minderwiz knows the others?????

Hey, Minderwiz, WELCOME BACK!!! Great to see you as moderator once again!!

Aquarian Goddess

PS...thanks or linking to Donna Cunningham's Blog. Wondered what happened to her and it's nice to know she's a click away.

Minderwiz

HI AG

<<HUGS>>

Absolutely great to see you again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigLuna

AquarianGoddess said:
I was born with the Moon VOC and have found that VOC periods actually work in my favor. Also, there are at least four signs where the VOC Moon is still "workable", Pisces being one of them.

Perhaps Minderwiz knows the others?????

PS...thanks or linking to Donna Cunningham's Blog. Wondered what happened to her and it's nice to know she's a click away.

Aquarian Goddess -- Donna Cunningham works with flower essences a lot now, and doesn't do astrological analysis anymore, but she does offer courses and has the blog now.

Do you know why Pisces is workable for v-o-c moons? I haven't heard that and am very interested.

Minderwiz -- tell us more!!!

AquarianGoddess

Luna,

Here's the last paragraph from astroloyweekly.com about VOC moon (from the entire article below)

William Lilly, a most reputed medieval astrologer, said that when the Moon is void of course in Taurus, Sagittarius, Pisces, and Cancer, it "performs somehow", that is when the Moon currently occupies a sign where a benefic planet (Venus or Jupiter) is exalted or ruler, it can lead to a favorable outcome in selected cases.

here's the entire article:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrology-articles/void-of-course-moon.php

I'm not a subscriber to the VOC moon methodology; having working in the business world for most of my life, I've seen big decision being made during VOC periods that worked out quite well. Of course those making the decisions had no idea that the VOC moon existed!

Minderwiz

The article describes Lilly as a 'medieval' Astrologer. Lilly lived in the Seventeenth Century which is hardly medieval LOL.

Unlike a lot of Astrlogers, Lilly's definition of VOC is a little bit stricter. He says that if the Moon will apply to an aspect with another planet, even if that aspect is not perfected until it has chanaged signs, it is not VOC. I've seen definitions that require the aspect to be perfected within the sign, for the Moon to not be VOC.

There's also a subtle difference, which may or may not be relevant. Lilly is judging horary charts on specific questions that have been asked. In those charts he is saying that Moon VOC is an indicator that success is unlikely. He is not making a general statement about decision making.

Presumably the decisions AG is referring to were never a subject of a question at all. So does it make any difference whether the question is asked or not - that is Moon VOC is only an indicator that success is unlikely in decisions where the decision maker has felt the need to consult an Astrologer.

Now I'm not advancing this as a statement about the real world, merely wondering if the symbolism only applies in particular circumstances.

I must admit that personally I don't take any notice of VOC Moon in any decision I make. So in that sense I'm with AG

Edited to add:

The statement attributed to Lilly seems to be at best second hand, as Lilly himself quotes it as a useful aphorism for dealing with Seventh House questions (which does include business contracts).

Of the signs mentioned, Sagittarius is ruled by Jupiter but no planet is in exaltation. In Pisces Jupiter rules and Venus is in exaltation; In Cancer the Moon rules and Jupiter is in exaltation; in Taurus, Venus rules and the Moon is in exaltation. The only reason that Libra is left out appears to be because Saturn is exalted there and would not usually be seen as favourable to anything.

Minderwiz

Just been looking on Skyscript and Deb points out that the definitions of Void of Course by traditional Astrologers is, to say the least, a bit confusing.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/voc.html

So if there's no agreed classical definition, what hope have modern Astrologers?

Incidentally Lilly does say that if the signifcators are strong and in a close applying aspect then the quesited can still happen.