Waite and Asperger's Syndrome???

Teheuti

KariRoad said:
Re: Asperger's syndrome ~ Temperance Brennan of BONES fame has this reference in Wikipedia.
It never occurred to me that she wasn't supposed to portray Asperger's. And, she's not the only one on the show. Part of the interesting thing about it is that most of the characters are relatively high functioning kooks (and I mean that in the nicest way) - especially in term of odd social skills. I take the show's message as that we should respect that each person has their foibles, yet can have something important to offer society, that there are ways to get along despite the oddities, and a little (or a lot of) therapy can do wonders to get a handle on all this. They even had a show with Cindi Lauper as a tarot reader!

Teheuti

I agree that we'll never know if Waite had AS or not, but considering him from that pov, is helpful in suggesting that we just shouldn't dismiss him out of hand because one dislikes his writing style and obsessions.

Nevada

Teheuti said:
I agree that we'll never know if Waite had AS or not, but considering him from that pov, is helpful in suggesting that we just shouldn't dismiss him out of hand because one dislikes his writing style and obsessions.
Or anyone else for that matter. We never know a person's story. :)