Waite and See

ravenest

A new shop has opened in town. A type of 'spiritual' learning centre. Its got spaces and rooms out the back. When talking to the woman who just bought it, she remembered me from when I used to do readings at the local markets. Offered me a space for it. "Thanks, I'm pretty much retired nowadays though." She insisted. I stood my ground. "I onlly really do the occasional workshop nowadays on Tarot. I'm actually more interested in use of Tarot OTHER than a divinatory tool." Then she tells me numerous people have asked her where they they can do a course or find a teacher ..... so .... ok.

Design a poster. Its all pretty new age or Waite based tarot around here and in shops. I wanted to pick an image for the poster. I know what will be popular but of course, I went with a pic of a Thoth card (Priestess)

It could be the difference between a large group and no one. I will just have to wait and see.

(Although I am interested to put up two types of poster, one with a Waite card, and tabulate the results.)

Aeon418

It could be the difference between a large group and no one. I will just have to wait and see.

(Although I am interested to put up two types of poster, one with a Waite card, and tabulate the results.)
Aside from the quantitative aspect there's the qualitative. If you bait your hook differently will you catch a different fish?

ravenest

Been out bush (camping with the Kooris again) on return ... no response to poster - as I thought, but apparently someone put up an ad next to it offering $60 readings from a woman who is a 'triple psychic' ("thats what I get for being a triple Cancer" it says on her ad. ?? )

Anyway no response from poster, no phone calls, BUT I have a session booked for Sunday with three women who want to do it but didnt read the ad. Curious. And they are all Thelemites - in their own way ( what other way is there :) ). AND all have a Thoth Deck. Hmmmm ... 'word of mouth' or something else at work here

Zephyros

Can you post a picture of the poster you designed? : )

ravenest

No, sorry. I dont have it anymore.
The workshop started off good but.... no more
...... the girls got into a fight ... meeeow, fsssst hsssss. oh well.

would you like to see a picture of that? ;)

ravenest

No, sorry. I dont have it anymore.
The workshop started off good but.... no more
...... the girls got into a BIG fight ... meeeow, fsssst hsssss. oh well.

would you like to see a picture of that? ;)

Always Wondering

:laugh:
You guys.

I would have come to your workshop Ravenest. And behaved myself. ;)

AW