Warding off Negative Energy

Sammie

What crystal or stone is best at warding off negative energy? There is a person in my life who is so negative and pessimistic that every time I'm around them their negative energy acts kind of like an energy vampire and makes me feel so tired and down. I don't feel this way until I'm around them.

I was thinking perhaps I could make myself a necklace of Red Jasper beads and wearing that might help surround myself with protection from Negative Energy.

Please let me know what the best stone of crystal would be - I'm new to Crystals and Stones and don't really know what would be best. My Tarot of Timeless Truth has stones and crystals associated with the Majors and has Red Jasper as one that wards off negative energy.

Thanks!!

chrisam-crystals

hi sammie.

you can program a clear quartz crystal to deflect any negative energy or to stop psychic vampires - clean it with water and then sit quietly and speak to the crystal whilst holding it on your writing hand.

red jasper is better really for grounding your energy, but i can recommend trying hematite or black obsidian to prevent any psychic/emotional draining.

or you could simply break ties with this person or avoid them in your life.

jue xx

mysticmonkey

I'd also advise imagining putting up a protective wall around you. I tend to visualise a wall of light all around me.
I don't know if it works purely on a psychological level or if it actually blocks the negative energy but it does seem to help me create a bit of distance between myself and the vampire.

I also second the suggestion to cut ties with this person if at all possible but I know this is not always so easy. My particular vampire is a work collegue so I'll only be able to cut ties when I leave the job.

Briar Rose

I've been in that situation so many times. I find it goes like this:
#1) no matter what you do and think, that person is an idiot
#2) open your heart and realise how much pain they must be going through to be that type of person. Forgive them, and hold a rose quartz. I told people I didn't like, "I love you, I am so glad you are here." And they changed their attitude with me. I've been known to give a crystal to those types.
#3) quit and find another job

Over all, Kyanite, Citrine cannot hold any negative energy

I hear that black tourmaline gets rid of negative energy

Sammie

Thanks Everyone!

Thank you everyone on your advice.

I really wish I could just avoid this person BUT, unfortunately, he's my husband! We've been married almost 30 years - I didn't realize it when we were dating but shortly after we married I found out how negative and pessimistic he was. It didn't seem to bother me all that much, I worked at a busy job until I had a baby boy and then all through his growing up was busy and happy and felt so much love and gratitude that I could be a stay at home Mom and raise our son. Things were always busy and happy with his school, college and then working. Even though he moved into his own place when he was around 25 years old we saw him many times a week and his friends and girlfriends were always hanging around.

Well, our son was married in June to a lovely girl. They moved a few thousand miles away and life is so different. It's just my husband and me - he just never has a kind word to say about anything. Anything I do or say is stupid. He very rarely speaks to me unless it's to growl. Even though I might feel happy and energetic during the day as soon as he gets home from work I start to feel my energy draining away. After just a short time, I can't wait till he goes to bed so I can feel like myself again. He seems like an energy vampire.

We've talked about it and he says he will try and be more positive but it just doesn't seem to ever happen. Hopefully, it will eventually improve.

Anyway, I put on a necklace of hematite beads that look like a string of black pearls on before he came home tonight and put an Apache Tear (black obsidian) in my pocket. I still feel a slight lag of energy but not as bad as most nights. So, maybe it's helping. It might be mind over matter but as long as it works, I don't care how it works!

Thanks for the advice and thanks for listening to this long, windy post!

chrisam-crystals

"We've talked about it and he says he will try and be more positive but it just doesn't seem to ever happen. Hopefully, it will eventually improve."

but you have been together for 30 years....how much longer do you think it will take?

he doesn't sound like a classic psychic vampire to me.....he just sounds like a jerk.

you are feeling drained because of the effort you are putting in and he is just taking, taking, taking.....and giving nothing in return - therefore you are feeling depressed by it all.

this life is not a rehearsal, and you will be very lucky to remember it when you come back in your next one.

take charge of your life and give him an ultimatum.....either shape up or ship out.

people very rarely change and sometimes you just need to admit defeat.

and don't think that it is impossible to do it - i left my partner and took a 3 year old, a 6 month old and a bag of belongings and slept on the floor of my mum's one bedroom apartment, and 6 years on we are fine and dandy. :D

Phoenix Rising

Actually your case sounds exactly like my mother..my dad is very difficult to live with most of the time..he can say things so hurtful to my mother, especially when he's whinging about one of us (4 kids) They have been married for nearly 40 years..There has been a few times, when they've split up..but not for very long...we all thought it was good for my mother to be away from my negative dad...We could never understand why she took him back all the time..don't get me wrong we love our dad...and well "So does my mum" she really can't live without him..she has become accustomed to his ways..he has his good days..but he'll never change, he's nearly 60...and a 60 year old habit is hard to change. She copes by switching off her "ears" and when they have their "silent" moments of not talking to each other..well she's happy with that. Although she'll still cook his dinner. He can't cook to save himself.

I have heard of the "Black obsidian"..but in reality..the change or best defence towards his negativity can only come from in you...My mother laughs now..actually so do we..it's hilarious to watch him when he's yelling...it used to frighten the shit out of us..now it's funny. Laughter is the best medicine for depressing situations....try and find a funny side to it.

Elysianfaery

Hi Sammie,
Have you thought about marriage counseling? If not, then just seeing a counselor yourself. It sounds like you haven't had much of a voice in the past, and it would help you get things out by talking about it. Find out what you really want and need in your life - and what you can do with out. You'd also get to hear a fresh perspective on the situation.

Something needs to change because you deserve to be treated better than this! I was in a long-term relationship with an emotionally abusive partner, which I left 2 years ago...so I understand. Empower yourself, love yourself, starting thinking about yourself...it requires a change in mindset to create change in your life.

:love:
EF

chrisam-crystals

EF is correct.

taking back control of your life is a very empowering but scary thing to do, and it takes a lot of confidence to do it.

saying that you are too old or too settled to leave someone is a sign of lack of confidence, and invariably means that you don't have the inner strength to do it.

harden yourself, teach yourself and above all LOVE yourself and the results will amaze everyone.

some people - like your hubby - keep on thinking that nothing will ever happen and that is why they carry on being negative.....show him that he can't do it on YOUR time.

it is a form of bullying and so you need to take action to stop it.

try using some rose quartz to bring self love to yourself, but be warned.....it can bring some very strong emotions to the surface which have been buried for years.

wearing a crystal isn't going to make him change.....he has to want to change himself.

perhaps there is something in his life that occurred which has made him how he is?

do you think that he would be willing to go into counselling as EF suggested?

jue xx

manhattan9thgate

you don't need crystals to ward off the negativity. IMHO it won't help.

what you DO need is an epiphany. a moment of self-realization.

wear a crystal or a jewel to empower YOURSELF.

as far as your marriage is concerned.......many couples are in this situation. if you don't want to go down the road of legal divorce etc. then just go on your own way and find your own path. develop and nurture your own interests (that don't include him) because he clearly does not want to be bothered with you (or anything else for that matter) many married men are in that position. he's unhappy with his lot in life. he like other married men feel short changed dfreaming about "what-might-have- been"

well, life is tough and get over it, that's what I say. do what you must for yourself.