Western or Vedic ?

Amatafrances

The two different approaches, sidereal and tropical, very often give the same results.
For example, in western astrology I'm Gemini Sun and Gemini Ascendant; in vedic astrology I'm Taurus Sun and Ascendant, with Moon in Aries.
But, in vedic, Gemini are rulers of my II house, and my vedic Moon have Ashwini as Nakshatra, or ruling star, and the symbols of Ashwini are the Kumara, or Twins = Gemini.
The difference in my opinion is that vedic astrology is deeper in "focalizing" the complexity of the human soul, because I feel a lot a Gemini, but a Taurus as well; my Gemini traits are more specifically described in vedic astrology, because I'm not "totally" Gemini, but only for the meanings of the II house, and for the meanings of Ashwini, and I'm Taurus for other important and basic characteristic.
Ciao
Amatafrances

NamasteIndia

Amatafrances said:
Dear Namaste,
did You try to use gems to improve your astrological situation?
Many people living in India do this.
But correct gem prescriptions are very important, and I think that only very few astrologists can do this properly.
In my opinion gems don't have a simple "magical" effect, but they can change deply the health of our body, soul and mind, helping us really to built a better life.
Gems are helping me a lot, but I had to consider my rashi and navamsha for a very long time (and I made many mistakes!) before to reach this goal.
Ciao!
Amatafrances
many astrologers that i met where having half knowledge they suggested gems as per current dasha. My brother used to wear Gomed (Rahu's stone)during Rahu dasha just because astrologer suggested it.
Usually Malefic Planets stones are not worn. And just based on dasha wearing a stone does not make sense.

I prefer using mantras for specific planetary appeasement. Most of the astrologers here suggest mantras for eg. Hanuman Chalisa for Mars, Saraswati Stotra for Rahu etc etc.

Charity related to particular planet is also done for eg. Black cloth, feeding black dog for appeasing Saturn is common here. Offering Red flowers, Donating Red pulses for Mars etc etc.

I have found considerable amount of difference in my life after astrology became part of it.

Namaste:party:

Amatafrances

I agree with you, prescribing gemstones only for the current dasha is not a good idea; things in this matter are much more complicate than this.
But, it is important to understand that the astrological use of gems is fruitful only if it is based on a personal, long and serious spiritual research, not on superstition.
The true purpose in the choice of the right gems in astrology is a self awareness task.
It is not possible to change karma simply wearing a jewel!
Gems are a valid help if used with the consciousness that we all need to work a lot in order to develop our full potential.
Chanting mantras is the best remedy, but it is too difficult for most western people… charity too is good, because love is one of the most powerful and international medicines in the world.
Amatafrances