Whale Dream ?

memries

I thought this dream was fairly strange and it happened last night.

There were all these whales and they wanted to get to me. For what reason I do not know. I was near the sea and they kept jumping and jumping. I did not know what to do. Then there was a person in trouble so I had a rake or something and I kept it out so the whale who was coming inland could not get the person. It did not want to get me even when it had the chance but they wanted to appear to me. The other person escaped. I do not know who it was. After a while I went inside and I kind of hid behind a drape hoping they would go away but they were waiting and watching ! They were very large.

Any ideas ? I was happy to awake.

celticnoodle

memries said:
I thought this dream was fairly strange and it happened last night.

There were all these whales and they wanted to get to me. For what reason I do not know. I was near the sea and they kept jumping and jumping. I did not know what to do. Then there was a person in trouble so I had a rake or something and I kept it out so the whale who was coming inland could not get the person. It did not want to get me even when it had the chance but they wanted to appear to me. The other person escaped. I do not know who it was. After a while I went inside and I kind of hid behind a drape hoping they would go away but they were waiting and watching ! They were very large.

Any ideas ? I was happy to awake.

To see a whale in your dream, represents your intuition and awareness. You are in tuned to your sense of spirituality. Alternatively, it indicates a relationship or business project that is too enormous to handle.

To dream that you are hiding, suggests that you are keeping some secret or withholding some information. You may not be facing up to a situation or not want to deal with an issue. However, you may be getting ready to reveal and confess before somebody finds out.

To dream that you are protecting someone, suggests that you are putting up an emotional wall or barrier between you and others around you. Consider who or what you are protecting for clues as to what aspect of your own self you are afraid of letting out and letting others know.

Perhaps your dream is explaining you are afraid of what other people may think about you if they knew of your interest in reading tarot and any other 'supernatural' things you may be exploring. Do you 'hide' this from others? many of us do, myself included. The whale would rep. your intuition and awareness as stated above, the 'hiding' as I mentioned and where you were protecting another, this could be the emotional wall/barrier you are putting up to keep others from knowing about you.

memries

Hi Celticnoodle. Your interpretation of the whale is very helpful. I can see that it might be something being presented to me although I do not know what. It may come to pass.

The idea of hiding is good too except I do not really care who likes it or not that I am interested in Tarot and other phenomena although there could be something I am hiding but I do not know what either. Rather my attitude is that my business is my busniess, maybe I carry that too far.

Still you have given me food for thought and some clues to track down. It is so hard to read your own dreams.

I was not afraid but nor did I like it receiving the attention of all those big whales !! I am going away for New Year's Eve lets hope I don't meet any of that type of person on my trip. Some persistent type.

Or maybe it is telling me to use my intuition and awareness more ?

Milfoil

Perhaps the whales are your guardians. They need to be a bit 'ominous' or they are not much good as a guardian.

As you say, they are not there to harm you and you were able to help rescue someone from the depths.

It does suggest that there is something being defended here, the depths of the sea where they meet the land is an interface between our emotions and our conscious, our feelings and our understanding.

A man struggling in the water in your dream suggests your animus has stepped a little out of his depth and needed your help to return to dry land.

The whales have made themselves known to you. Knowing they are there and how you understand what a whale is will give you the direction that you need to find out the hows and why's of when you will meet again and what these ancient, magnificent and intelligent creatures have to offer you.

I hope this helps a little.

memries

Yes thank you Milfoil. I am going to search for information about whales now. They were so very persistent. I had not thought of them as guardians as I live so far from the sea and to be very honest here, I do not care for fish very much, they eat each other. Their colors are wonderful and I do appreciate the beauty but I' m not drawn to them.

I have always been sympathetic toward the plight of the wales though. I think it is just awful what has happened to them and continues to happen. I also know that I like to avoid what I consider the ugliness of life and suffering.

zannamarie

memries,

In Animal Speak, whales are said to represent "creation, power of song, awakening inner depths". "If whales are showing up in your life, you should examine your use -- or lack of use -- of your own creativity."

Perhaps they were jumping around to get your attention that it's time to go swim with them in the sea of creativity? Stop hiding and start writing. ;)

SittingIdiot

Really Big

Yes, the whales definately wanted your attention; they seemed to be messangers, with a really big, booming voice.

Milfoil

memries said:
I had not thought of them as guardians as I live so far from the sea and to be very honest here, I do not care for fish very much, they eat each other. . .

But Whales are mammals, they breath air like us and give birth to live young, nursing them with milk like we do (and eating fish like we do). We are closer to them than you might think.

Hey, I could be completely wrong, their appearance in your dream could have many other connotations.

memries

This is such fun. You are correct.. again.. Zannamarie !!! I do think then they mean something coming to the surface and getting my attention.
I just have to settle down after New Year.. right now my head is full of it all and then when I have some more peace and quiet something will come to me. Also I do not journal my dreams so since this dream I am going to keep track as sometimes the following dream sequences reveal a lot.
A few years ago I recorded them all but you know how it is.. I quit.

Milfoil.. big and boundless, no strings attached to a whale ! I hear you.

SittingIdiot.. thanks for answering me. I never thought of their booming voices at all but it is true they do have a language of their own.

earth en lady

Hi Memries
I wonder if the whales are trying to give you a message ,I also have whales figure a lot in my dreams and meditations over the last year or so and I wonder if they are sending out a group soul signal for help that is there for any human to hear if in the right frame of mind .There are a lot of tectonic plate and planetry movements going on at the moment as well as the polllution etc .i wonder if it might be an idea to meditate upon the whales for further insight
a bit off the wall !!
Best Wishes