What age did you do your first stranger reading?

6 Haunted Days

lilangel09 kindly asked if someome would post a poll asking this...

So what age were you when you did your 1st reading for a complete stranger?

I was 18, before that it was friends and family. :)

:love: Miss 6

eta: Well nevermind, I chose the post a poll option and posted the number of options I wanted, but nothing happened when it posted. What gives? Guess you can just write out your answers! Sorry.

AJ

56. Slow starter. How envious I am of all you early starters!

6 Haunted Days

Well it looks like very few people are going to respond, sorry lilangel09 , I tried, but there was some kind of glitch and the poll thing didn't take!

Sakura Murasaki

I'll respond! :)

Well, I got my first deck at 17, but I think I only read for friends for a year... but I don't remember when I started doing some reading exchanges here... I'm going to have to say 18 for face-to-face complete stranger, at least.

The crowned one

First was about 16-17 years of age..great confidence, no ability for about 1 year. Then about 28 years of age... great confidence some ability for about 1 year and then restarted again at about 41 and this time I am getting it.

lilangel09

Thank you for the effort though, 6 :D. I would've liked a poll because it would be more organized, but something went wrong with the poll. I got my first deck at 17. I've read a few times for friends, but haven't face-to-face with strangers. I started online readings here on AT at 17 but stopped for a few months (not enough confidence.) I'd like to at least try to read a few face-to-face now just for the experience, but I don't think I'd be able to until I'm a lot older (and see where I am at 30, 40, etc.) due to current circumstances.

Baroli

19,.....or so.

Grizabella

58---another late bloomer here. But I didn't even start with tarot at all till I was 56 or so. (Math isn't my better thing without a piece of paper to figure things out, but I think I started with tarot in about 2000? And I'm 62 this month.)

Chronata

I was 15.

Taking a tarot class with some really arrogant readers.

They let me take the class late in the course, because I had been already studying and reading for 2 years before that.

But they all wanted to prove that a 15 year old couldn't possibly know anything about tarot.
They did a pretty good job of confusing me with historical theories, and throwing around terms I didn't know, and undermining my confidence..

But then I did a reading for the teacher's wife, and blew them away!