What are the cards that mean "abroad" ?

novenovembre

Over the years, having tarot or cards read for me by others, I've often come across people who were able to tell me that I would go "abroad" to work, and sometimes even that I would go to France rather than England, ie, not to the country I was thinking of....or that I would meet a man who was from abroad....I've always wondered how they could do that....I use the RW deck, and the Chariot is the only card that I could maybe-and I'm not even too sure-take as a sign of "moving abroad"....just wondering...what are the cards that indicate that to you ?....

haleyw

6 of Swords has always indicated it for me.

new bee

For me, 6 of swords and World. I usually get the 6 of swords when I am traveling abroad. The World indicated going abroad, being in contact with people from abroad, finishing something that was related with being abroad, etc.

novenovembre

For me, 6 of swords and World. I usually get the 6 of swords when I am traveling abroad. The World indicated going abroad, being in contact with people from abroad, finishing something that was related with being abroad, etc.

Yes, I thought about that too....what about the Chariot ? Does that mean moving abroad to anybody ?

new bee

I got the Chariot the other day when I was buying my air ticket (and I am moving abroad). I usually get the Chariot for all kinds of trips. I also had the 8 of wands for air travel, but, at that time, I traveled just as a tourist.

BTW, in my experience, the 6 of swords doesn't have to mean traveling across water. For instance, when I did a reading about the day I am moving, I got the 6 of swords (and I am not crossing any sea or ocean to get there).

novenovembre

I got the Chariot the other day when I was buying my air ticket (and I am moving abroad). I usually get the Chariot for all kinds of trips. I also had the 8 of wands for air travel, but, at that time, I traveled just as a tourist.

BTW, in my experience, the 6 of swords doesn't have to mean traveling across water. For instance, when I did a reading about the day I am moving, I got the 6 of swords (and I am not crossing any sea or ocean to get there).

No, I meant travel by water as in the old meaning, of course nowadays it doesn't apply.....so, moving or travelling WITHOUT going abroad, would be...what cards ? And the difference between a tourist and a "moving abroad ", is it different cards ? ie, the World and 6 of swords are moving ....the Chariot and 8 of wands....could be just travelling ? Is that it ?

new bee

I don't think one card can tell you that, it must be some card combination. I don't think the 6 of swords is related just to moving. For me, it's a travel card, it shows movement (when I traveled as a tourist but also now that I am moving). Also, Chariot - all sorts of trips. I got it even when I was just driving around the city.

novenovembre

i don't think one card can tell you that, it must be some card combination. I don't think the 6 of swords is related just to moving. For me, it's a travel card, it shows movement (when i traveled as a tourist but also now that i am moving). Also, chariot - all sorts of trips. I got it even when i was just driving around the city.

ok....

Sandalwood

3 of wands, knight of wands, World are good travel (movement ;-) ) indicators.
Without going abroad: 6 swords + world RX (just moving over the canal/along the river ;-) )