What are the sequence of events after the US presidential result is announced?

Maru

Hey, I did this spread of out of joy for the process more than anything. I wanted to see what unfolds after the election and maybe even possibly hinting at the result. Though I was really interested to know what the atmosphere will be like.

Rx usually for me means some aspect I am unaware of, or to look at the card twice to be sure I get it... (since I read from intuition mainly)

9 card spread; Rider Waite

TIME PERIOD

I'd say time period is about 2-3 days post-election. I wanted to peer into those moments when it was fresh.

The Outcome card though is a longer term. It suggests what we have to look forward to for the next four years.

SPREAD

What sequence of events will unfold for Trump post-result?
--2 of Cups; 8 of Wands; Ace of Cups (Rx)

What events will unfold for Hillary post-result?
--The Moon (Rx); 9 of Cups (Rx); 4 of Swords

What events will unfold in general? (in the media particularly and the overall atmosphere)
--2 of Wands; 3 of Swords (Rx); The Empress

MY INTERPRETATION

Trump Events

2 of Cups - It looks like he will accept the result of the people regardless of the situation, with open arms... and he will take it graciously all considering. Maybe it hints to a win. I think he will be happy the campaign is over. If he loses, he will concede... but he makes a noteworthy gesture of some sort... possibly for self-aggrandizing purposes... to grab the spotlight.

8 of Wands - He will do something post election to surprise everyone. It will create a lot of tension and uneasiness for those who are not expecting it. He wants total control of his own narrative post-result, so he will keep people on their toes and this is his way to shake things up... if not through wild commentary, but through a show of bravado...

Ace of Cups (Rx) - Seems to me the feelings would be negative... but I think that people are over with this campaign and maybe there's not much he can say after this to surprise the electorate. So he is in his camp and people just leave him be... but I think that many people (other politicians notably) may be reluctant to approach him with their response in order to not be tied to the result... in other words, if HE WINS, his party is going to distance themselves from this man. They're very glad to let him say his piece all he wants until either he goes away (if he loses) or until they can figure out how to handle that development (if he wins)... feels like a lot of sour of apples. His believers will show a mass gratitude of support... some of his detractors may be reluctant to accept the result... it'll be mixed bag, but in general, the response will be as expected... people will go through the motions and you can expect that the detractors will continue to detract, the major fans will continue to praise him gloriously, and the people who are on the fence or have too much to lose, will do what is required, but little more than that will occur...

Hillary Events

The Moon (Rx) - It won't be the result she is expecting... the end to a horrible campaign and the mystery being dissolved won't happen quickly. It'll prolong a little bit longer.

9 of Cups (Rx) - The people will expect her to give a response to the result. They'll want to see if she is satisfied (her reaction), whether she is accepts it or not given all the negative campaigning and how she feels about his candidacy. She will respond very reluctantly, endorsing the result, whether or not she agrees with it...

4 of Swords -
She will retreat to get some rest and to sleep on situation. Strongly suggests a lose... but could just be really her taking a break from post-result after the campaigning. She needs to figure out what to do next.

General Events and Atmosphere that Unfolds

2 of Wands - This reads blocked or negatively to me. Seeing what we have to look forward to... and how to respond accordingly. I don't know why, but this seems like a "what the hell" reaction. Like how do even try to respond to this... it's going to be a long long long four years.

3 of Swords (Rx) - The coverage will be very mixed (lots of sour grapes), but in general, professionally covered... the atmosphere will erupt slowly and it won't feel so good for the average person who is not so heavily invested in either of the candidate's camp to see our country disgrace itself in this manner. It will not be a proud moment, quite the opposite. The public will feel betrayed quite a bit by the media (how they built and tore down these candidates), and people will begin to really consider how media coverage affects our elections results... in an adverse manner.

The Empress - Strongly hints to a Donald Trump victory in my mind. The people and media will be talking heavily about how Hillary didn't measure up to the image she was trying to present. In other words, she ain't no Empress... I think win/lose, this will be the reaction of the people and the headlines will be centered around her and her personality, campaign and professional issues and how this kept the first female nominee of a major party for president from achieving that role as President/Empress of the country. (The ideal female president). I don't think this is a positive card in light of the others.... I think it's reinforced by the fact the 2 of Wands looking at what has just occurred and judging the world accordingly. (the card is looking away from the Empress at the end on my table).

Overall Outcome: The Heirophant (Rx) -

If Hillary wins, the establishment will be even more solidified and subsequently, the previous narratives will resume and it will be business as usual.... however, it will be at high risk of attack and major dissension from detractors/disruptors in the near future...

If Trump wins, the status quo will be completely broken and the establishment will have been dealt a major battle wound by this result. However, it does hint that he will try to place himself at the helm of this new movement... reminds me of a coop when you have a temporary foreign power come into change, challenge and alter the way that governments and institutions are run. He will have no respect for the previous system, nor for the people who support it and the way things USED TO BE done... he will put his own people in place to manage how things are handled and will even go as far as to silence the voice of his detractors when it suits the agenda.

This reminds me of religious reform. Here we are with an all powerful pope, who has too much say in life and how people carry themselves across cultural divides... in either case, whoever takes hold, the overall theme will be "oppression"...

Long-term, I think this hints on the US seeing reforms to it's current govt and how things are managed in the future to protect democracy... (maybe years down the line)... but there will have to be a lot of lessons learned on the way if it were to even become possible. In other word, sit tight... everything we know is about to change.

prudence

Moderator Note

Hi Energypipes,

From our posting rules~

Please do not bump threads or add posts asking for replies - they will be removed.

I've removed your latest post. Keep in mind, it's perfectly fine to add a reply to your thread with some more thoughts on a card or two when you'd like to get it back to the top of the main page.

Thank you for understanding :)

Prudence

prudence

Hmm, my take on some of your cards~

Trumps cards~ I'm hesitant to say it but I think the 2 of cups might point to him trying to extend congrats towards HRC, a gesture of friendliness or friendship. 8 of wands, of course he will be madly tweeting and making statements about whatever, the election and his usual opinions on things of which he has no true understanding. The quint for these cards is Justice, IMO, trump losing is Justice, and it also may say something about his willingness to actually not contest the election, he will consider his loss fair and square.

hRC's cards~ moon Rx, this seems like it might show that the latest FBI leaks/revelations turn out to be nothing shady. 9 of cups Rx, she may well realize in a personal and private way that this victory isn't really that great for her, she's still got to deal with the hatred, threats and obstruction in front of her. 4 of swords, she will need to chill out, and regroup after this exhaustingly below the belt election battle. The quint for these cards is Emperor, and that made me think yes, for sure she will win.

The general events Empress card made me think the media will be focused on the fact that we have a female leader, Hillary.

Maru

Hmm, my take on some of your cards~

Trumps cards~ I'm hesitant to say it but I think the 2 of cups might point to him trying to extend congrats towards HRC, a gesture of friendliness or friendship. 8 of wands, of course he will be madly tweeting and making statements about whatever, the election and his usual opinions on things of which he has no true understanding. The quint for these cards is Justice, IMO, trump losing is Justice, and it also may say something about his willingness to actually not contest the election, he will consider his loss fair and square.

hRC's cards~ moon Rx, this seems like it might show that the latest FBI leaks/revelations turn out to be nothing shady. 9 of cups Rx, she may well realize in a personal and private way that this victory isn't really that great for her, she's still got to deal with the hatred, threats and obstruction in front of her. 4 of swords, she will need to chill out, and regroup after this exhaustingly below the belt election battle. The quint for these cards is Emperor, and that made me think yes, for sure she will win.

The general events Empress card made me think the media will be focused on the fact that we have a female leader, Hillary.

I saw those as the other alternative as well prudence... when I read them though, I made more connections between the cards using the events above. These read so straightforward... and wow, it would be so nice for it to be that straightforward... but I don't know, believe or think that anything about this election has been... "straightforward"... it's really hard to believe that everything just goes back to normal... when I read the Empress in your method, that's how it seemed to me, like a neat end... except that the card did not feel like it was sitting neat and prim to compared to the rest... I saw a highly reversed aspect to it sadly :(

Maru

Also I apologize for bumping the post. I did not know this and will remember in the future :)

Amanda

Woah -- Moon RX + 9 of Cups RX + 4 of Swords??? Those seem alarming to me... "bad" things coming to light, personal displeasure/embarrassment/unhappiness, and a card that could suggest something about incarceration...?

Maru

Woah -- Moon RX + 9 of Cups RX + 4 of Swords??? Those seem alarming to me... "bad" things coming to light, personal displeasure/embarrassment/unhappiness, and a card that could suggest something about incarceration...?

This reading is more short-term (I put the time period in the OP--timeline = 2-3 days) so that would be some amazing progress if our justice system if they were to indict her that quickly lol

I wanted to know the atmosphere when that bread was fresh out of the bakery. It's entirely possible though he might start talking about incarcerating her again... we never know with the Donald.

Padma

deleted by me.

Amanda

This reading is more short-term (I put the time period in the OP--timeline = 2-3 days) so that would be some amazing progress if our justice system if they were to indict her that quickly lol

I wanted to know the atmosphere when that bread was fresh out of the bakery. It's entirely possible though he might start talking about incarcerating her again... we never know with the Donald.

After I posted, I saw an article where Comey is apparently not going to do anything about the emails, two days here before the election, and that was after stating he was going to look into things further just about a week ago... seems like he moved pretty quick on this to dismiss it... maybe this was a 'damage control' move so as not to influence the election...? Maybe he'll flip his switch again after the election is over...

Maybe with the Moon it is something that will continue to 'loom' over her head so to speak. That would definitely make sense if she lost -- something she could point a finger on to have had a negative outcome for her.

Maru

After I posted, I saw an article where Comey is apparently not going to do anything about the emails, two days here before the election, and that was after stating he was going to look into things further just about a week ago... seems like he moved pretty quick on this to dismiss it... maybe this was a 'damage control' move so as not to influence the election...? Maybe he'll flip his switch again after the election is over...

Maybe with the Moon it is something that will continue to 'loom' over her head so to speak. That would definitely make sense if she lost -- something she could point a finger on to have had a negative outcome for her.

Well it's either what you and prudence said or the one of multitude the Republican party is threatening to bring out ... they've apparently got other scandals to bring out and are promising that if she gets elected.

Rudy Giuliani is in a bit of trouble for opening his mouth, because he basically said he had an FBI source tell him all this was in the works and supposedly he said on Fox news or some other channel that something big was coming... anyway, him and a couple of other people in that circle seem to be perched/confident in their side, like they may have other cards (har har) to pull if Hillary gets elected...

So we can't really dismiss either theory in my opinion.