What artist would you want to create a tarot deck?

Junia

I would love to see a Troll Deck (maybe by Russ).

Strange2

Would love to see a deck by Mike Mignola. He is the creator of Hellboy, the Bureau of Paranomal Research and Defense, the Amazing Screw-On Head, among others. His bold and iconic artwork combined with his love of occult lore would make a fascinating deck.

Lillie

I thought Beardsley should do one...

prudence

not sure if anyone already said this, I haven't read all of the replies, but I'd love to see Lillie create a deck of her drawings. They are lovely.

Lillie

*blush*

Thank you, Prudence.
One day I will.

And I would love to see a sculptured deck done by you.
That would be magnificent.

Durant Hapke

throw down...

Brothers, and Sisters,

Very interesting thread.

Super Strange2 I feel your cry of Mignola. He is a master -- what a tarot he could bring.

Back in the big donkey day, I did a riff on Mike, Mike, Mike. A bit of a "Water Clown," as inspired by my story of the lovely Tony. Have a gander:

http://www.duranthapke.com/tarot/water.clown.tarot.jpg

I almost met the dude man Mike once.

Back in the day I was hitting some cocktails in LA, and it so happens, on the day in question, I was thinking about that movie the FLY (the new, not old).

That was a good show.

So, I'm outside a bar over near Melrose Ave, walking with a friend, and this door swings open, and WAMB! -- out pops Mignola, and that actor Jeff Goldblum (who plays Seth Brundle in the above mentioned film), and some girl who looked just like Natascha McElhone (but I don't think it was her).

Anyway, Mike was quite short, and Goldblum very tall, so they made a interesting pair.

I think WD Barlowe would also make a cannon blasting Tarot:

Clearly he is able to channel some insightful, and Jack bird emotionally rich action. I read on line that he approaches his painting as a form of meditation, and that the images come to him as "trance like dreams." Wild, wild, stuff.

It would be interesting to know if he studies the Tarot (clearly he's familiar with a wide range of symbolism).

http://www.waynebarlowe.com/

Now that my spark meat is pondering this, I believe the two men have worked together on something or another. Let me look into this.

Yeah, and Lillie, throw that creativity down, and bring it!

Durant "Hey, Jeff, watch where your going!" Hapke

Junia

Durant Hapke said:
Brothers, and Sisters,

. . . and that actor Jeff Goldblum (who plays Seth Brundle in the above mentioned film), and some girl who looked just like Natascha McElhone (but I don't think it was her).

Durant "Hey, Jeff, watch where your going!" Hapke

Only if I get to see Jeff Goldblum NAKED :bugeyed: as the Emperor. })

missycab

I'd like to see a tarot deck by Maitena. She's a cartoonist from my country, which makes great cartoons about women. It'd be a funny tarot!

Here's a link to her website, which has some comic strips in English:

http://www.clubcultura.com/clubhumor/maitena/dibujos_eng.htm

Choose a book, a window will open and you can see some comic strips.