What do I do now?

hulpster

So unsurprisingly, the guy I have been dating has gone quiet on me. We haven't spoken in a week and I am heading off tomorrow for my overseas trip.

I'm unsure why things have suddenly changed between us. He has either lost interest or overloaded from work and family. I suspect though he has lost interest.

It's a bit frustrating though as this is a consistent pattern where love does evade me. It discourages me from trying again to be honest.

I asked 'What is my best course of action re: D?'

I find that the quint energy places a strong influence on my readings for some reason. Sometimes more than the individual cards.

Three/Wands - King/Cups - Two/Cups
Quint: Hierophant

It might be saying, just wait. What you have invested in will return (3W) and D (King) will be more emotionally forthcoming regarding dating/a relationship (2C). Although I have to say he has been fairly open but suddenly quiet.

The Hierophant as quint suggests commitment but following a conservative and perhaps slower path.

Alternatively, the cards say yes forget him and look for other opportunities out there (3W) - I might meet (2C) a King Cups some time soon. I can't place the Hierophant energy in that scenario though.

Or.. it's saying be patient and wait to see what returns. Perhaps he is trying to finalise something regarding his divorce (Hierophant, 2C) with his ex wife and is trying to hold counsel (King).

Any tips on how to read these cards?

Tobe

When I do a free style reading (no position meaning, 3 cards spread), I like to look at the cards as a whole picture.

Since your question is "what is my best course of action RIGHT NOW (I assume that's what 're: D' means and it was a typo)".

The Three of Wands is saying, like you said, suggest you to wait, or plan ahead. However, I believe it also carries a deeper meaning of "get yourself together first". Seems to me you're too focus on the romance right now and neglecting other factors in your life, and your cards see this, suggesting you to slow down. Get you other things settled first. The reason I think this way is because of the other two cards.

King of Cups - A card of mastering emotion, this card usually mean a loving person, a person that's full of love, he or she can't wait to share all of it. This is a contrast to the Three of Cups especially since they have almost a polarize meaning (one is wait, the other is now!now!now!)

Then the Two of Cups is finally the reward of you will be receiving. A connection that you long for.

From these three cards, I sense and read a feeling of "messiness". I feel like the reason you believe love is always evading you is also of your uncertainty, even though you got in to a relationship, you're uncertain of what you're looking for. And unknowingly pushing your partner further and further.

PS: I assume you're using RWS deck, the KoC is looking at the Three of Wands, this is a suggestion of you should really get your mind out of "love" first. Focus on something that fills up your life more, a passion. A person with a passion is the most attractive person.

Free Flight

I have to agree with Tobe here.

In my opinion the main card here is the 3 wands which is showing that things are not yet decided and you must wait to see if he returns. That being said you can't count on him coming back so it is best to make your plans and proceed with life.

Put him to one side. Go on your holiday and live your best life. It is possible on this holiday you will meet a K Cups and have a 2 cups experience.

So go and enjoy :)

hulpster

When I do a free style reading (no position meaning, 3 cards spread), I like to look at the cards as a whole picture.

Since your question is "what is my best course of action RIGHT NOW (I assume that's what 're: D' means and it was a typo)".

The Three of Wands is saying, like you said, suggest you to wait, or plan ahead. However, I believe it also carries a deeper meaning of "get yourself together first". Seems to me you're too focus on the romance right now and neglecting other factors in your life, and your cards see this, suggesting you to slow down. Get you other things settled first. The reason I think this way is because of the other two cards.

King of Cups - A card of mastering emotion, this card usually mean a loving person, a person that's full of love, he or she can't wait to share all of it. This is a contrast to the Three of Cups especially since they have almost a polarize meaning (one is wait, the other is now!now!now!)

Then the Two of Cups is finally the reward of you will be receiving. A connection that you long for.

From these three cards, I sense and read a feeling of "messiness". I feel like the reason you believe love is always evading you is also of your uncertainty, even though you got in to a relationship, you're uncertain of what you're looking for. And unknowingly pushing your partner further and further.

PS: I assume you're using RWS deck, the KoC is looking at the Three of Wands, this is a suggestion of you should really get your mind out of "love" first. Focus on something that fills up your life more, a passion. A person with a passion is the most attractive person.

Hi Tobe thanks for your take!

Sorry "re: D" was just shorthand for "regarding Dave". So the question was what is my best course of action regarding Dave.

Get myself together makes sense! I was in the midst of final assignments for the semester for my masters over the last two weeks and I really wasn't focussed enough. As a result I have burn't myself into the ground these last few days trying to wrap things up before my trip.

I understand the messiness that you're picking up on. I actually don't look for love actively anymore because I get caught up in living my life, but I do long for companionship. When I do meet someone that i click with there is definitely that feeling of uncertainty about how it will go (because it often goes nowhere! Lol!) In terms of your view of the King I think it might be saying I need to be more open emotionally. I naturally, subconsciously and unknowingly give off the impression that I am uninterested, and I have been told that. I think that is because my connection to people is strongly cerebral and that is how love develops for me. I am very much an Aquarian/Queen Swords in that respect.

You are correct, I am using the Rider Waite deck. However the King is actually facing the Two/Cups. In which case do you think I need to show love in the sense of 'cups' type feeling more? That would make more sense to me.

Tobe

Hi Tobe thanks for your take!

Sorry "re: D" was just shorthand for "regarding Dave". So the question was what is my best course of action regarding Dave.

Get myself together makes sense! I was in the midst of final assignments for the semester for my masters over the last two weeks and I really wasn't focussed enough. As a result I have burn't myself into the ground these last few days trying to wrap things up before my trip.

I understand the messiness that you're picking up on. I actually don't look for love actively anymore because I get caught up in living my life, but I do long for companionship. When I do meet someone that i click with there is definitely that feeling of uncertainty about how it will go (because it often goes nowhere! Lol!) In terms of your view of the King I think it might be saying I need to be more open emotionally. I naturally, subconsciously and unknowingly give off the impression that I am uninterested, and I have been told that. I think that is because my connection to people is strongly cerebral and that is how love develops for me. I am very much an Aquarian/Queen Swords in that respect.

You are correct, I am using the Rider Waite deck. However the King is actually facing the Two/Cups. In which case do you think I need to show love in the sense of 'cups' type feeling more? That would make more sense to me.

Oh my bad, for some reason I thought your KoC was reversed!!
In which case I will have to change the meaning of KoC that I picked up as well as the movement of the spread! LOL!

If the KoC is upright then, this could mean A time (Three of Wands) to prepare and learn to control your emotion(KoC), focusing on the balance between your emotional world and practical world will eventually reward you with a connection you long for (Two of Cups).

The King is looking at the ToC and away from the ToW, suggesting that he still not yet approve your efforts and time that have spent to master your emotion, thus the reward still laying far from your reach.

And no, I do not think that you need to "show the cups love". That's because Two of Cups is a card of connection, it means that the person you will be seeing CAN understand you without you purposely showing it, be yourself. You are good as the way you are rn, the cards are telling you to "wait", not "change". So no, don't change you way of expressing yourself.

hulpster

Oh my bad, for some reason I thought your KoC was reversed!!
In which case I will have to change the meaning of KoC that I picked up as well as the movement of the spread! LOL!

If the KoC is upright then, this could mean A time (Three of Wands) to prepare and learn to control your emotion(KoC), focusing on the balance between your emotional world and practical world will eventually reward you with a connection you long for (Two of Cups).

The King is looking at the ToC and away from the ToW, suggesting that he still not yet approve your efforts and time that have spent to master your emotion, thus the reward still laying far from your reach.

And no, I do not think that you need to "show the cups love". That's because Two of Cups is a card of connection, it means that the person you will be seeing CAN understand you without you purposely showing it, be yourself. You are good as the way you are rn, the cards are telling you to "wait", not "change". So no, don't change you way of expressing yourself.

Thanks Tobe, what you say makes sense!

headincloud

These cards seem to suggest growth in a romantic relationship but we know that's not right if he's withdrawn. Best course of action towards what exactly, what are you trying to achieve because the tarot can't make a decision on what's best for you, it's an opinion.

hulpster

I have to agree with Tobe here.

In my opinion the main card here is the 3 wands which is showing that things are not yet decided and you must wait to see if he returns. That being said you can't count on him coming back so it is best to make your plans and proceed with life.

Put him to one side. Go on your holiday and live your best life. It is possible on this holiday you will meet a K Cups and have a 2 cups experience.

So go and enjoy :)

Hi Freeflight! Thanks for your take. The idea of things undecided makes sense. In fact what you say suggests to me that it will be a repeat of what usually happens in my love life (Hierophant) and that he won't!

But yes I am very much looking forward to my holiday, irrespective of whether the King of Cups is there or not! :)

hulpster

These cards seem to suggest growth in a romantic relationship but we know that's not right if he's withdrawn. Best course of action towards what exactly, what are you trying to achieve because the tarot can't make a decision on what's best for you, it's an opinion.

Perhaps it's pointing to someone else coming into the picture?