What do you ask about?

Red Emma

The doctor I've been seeing at my HMO, left and I've had to choose a new one. Since it's very hard to find out anything about those on the list of availables beyond what school they graduated from, I decided to ask the tarot. I requested the names of the top three on the list. I told the clerk who attends to such things that I had an outside source for information about their suitability for my needs. (I'd love to see her face, or the face of anyone at the HMO if they ever discovered my source was a deck of tarot cards.

Here's the result:
The question I asked was, "What do I need to know if I were to select (a), (b), or (c) for my primary care physician. I asked the question individually for each doctor.

I used a three-card, 1) issue, 2) advice, 3) outcome spread.

Dr. a: 1) Magician, 2) Empress, and 3) 10P.

Dr. b: 1) 3 Rods, 2) QS Rx, 3) 2S.

Dr. c: 1) Fool, 2) 7C, 3) 3R.

I've made an "get acquainted" appointment with "The Magician." At that time I'll be able to tell how good my tarot reading skills are.

Himself just told me that dinner's ready -- it's his turn to cook. I'll have to post my interpretations of these later.

Jenny-Li

Back when I did daily readings, I used to do three carders every day. I used the Body-Mind-Spirit triad, but tried not to overfocus on the positions. Instead I practised on reading how the three cards I pulled each day related to each other, reinforced each other, hindered each other, interacted with one another etc etc.

I started out doing it mostly for practising purposes, it wasn't long before I started to get really aware of the patterns of the cards connecting back to my life. Perhaps not on a day to day basis, but - the week I got the message that I got my current job (I was in a hell hole at the time and really REALLY needed to get out), I got Majors, Majors, Majors. The World, The Fool, Wheel of Change, Judgement... Some of them more then once.

Last summer I did lots of soul searching, and worked a lot with releasing my creativity blocks. I spent all day lazying out on the beach thinking of my cards, and then they reemerged in my dreams at night before I drew new ones the next morning. It became one long process of spiritual development, and it was a very exciting time!

So just drawing cards and seeing them relate to each other is a great way to read cards. Useful both if you're a beginner, and if you're an advanced reader!

Good luck!
Jenny :)

tmgrl2

Quote:Originally posted by Red Emma
The doctor I've been seeing at my HMO, left and I've had to choose a new one. Since it's very hard to find out anything about those on the list of availables beyond what school they graduated from, I decided to ask the tarot. I requested the names of the top three on the list. I told the clerk who attends to such things that I had an outside source for information about their suitability for my needs. (I'd love to see her face, or the face of anyone at the HMO if they ever discovered my source was a deck of tarot cards.

Here's the result:
The question I asked was, "What do I need to know if I were to select (a), (b), or (c) for my primary care physician. I asked the question individually for each doctor.

I used a three-card, 1) issue, 2) advice, 3) outcome spread.

Dr. a: 1) Magician, 2) Empress, and 3) 10P.

Dr. b: 1) 3 Rods, 2) QS Rx, 3) 2S.

Dr. c: 1) Fool, 2) 7C, 3) 3R.

I've made an "get acquainted" appointment with "The Magician." At that time I'll be able to tell how good my tarot reading skills are.

I LOVE THIIS, Red Emma....see, creative spreads at work!

terri

ROFLOL and loving it, too!

mj07

Sometimes I do just a daily 1 or 3 card spread and ask a general question "what do I need to learn today?" If I have something specific on my mind I might ask "what do I need to do to help me understand this?" or something like that.

I don't usually ask "predictive" type questions b/c I'm not sure I believe Tarot works that way (maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, I'm undecided on that point) Plus, since I'm still fairly new at it, I'm not sure I'd be able to accurately "predict" based on a card reading, so I just don't do it.

HudsonGray

Questions like "what's holding me back at this point in my life" and "what should I be focusing my attention on this week" are two that work pretty well to get things rolling.

Others that can be eye opening:
"Why were my buttons pushed in this situation?"
"Is there something I'm not learning that I should be?"
"Why am I having a problem with this ______?"
"Is there more to the situation than I'm aware of?"
"Where should my attention be focused on this problem?"

Jewel-ry

Hi there,

When I was new to the forum, I asked a similar question and got some really good advice. A lot of them quite novel. Look here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&postid=199548#post199548

J :)