what do you tell sitters

olivia1

Do you give clients what you see in the cards strictly pertaining to their question or do you tell them everything you see? I read for a psychic hotline. I simply answer the sitters questions nothing less but nothing more.. I have a following but I almost feel as if I should be telling sitters more. I was curious to see how others do it. I feel like perhaps they'd enjoy their readings more if I gave more infomation, even if it isnt directly pertaining to their question but is kind of like an expanded answer to their question. However, they're also paying by the minute so I try to be sympathetic to that. I dont know, as a reader, I just feel like I may be boring compared to everyone else.

Chronata

It's funny, but when I worked (however briefly) for a telephone service, they told me to take time explaining the pictures, (and symbols, if I wanted to) simply because it took up time...and the longer I kept the client on the line, the more money the service made.

And just because of that...I always tried to do the readings as quickly as possible.

When I do reading events, where there is a long line, I try and keep it short, without going into the details about what's on the card and why.

But with every other reading I do, I tend to bring up the symbolism on the cards...because most of the time it's important, and goes hand in hand with what it is I am trying to tell them.

olivia1

It's funny, but when I worked (however briefly) for a telephone service, they told me to take time explaining the pictures, (and symbols, if I wanted to) simply because it took up time...and the longer I kept the client on the line, the more money the service made.

some do but i am but m naturally concise. But I guess describing the cards would be a great filler...for me though, im not really looking for filler. I'm just torn over should i answer the question no more or less or tell the sitter everything i see

tarotbear

I am guessing that you ask them what their question is ahead of time ... ?

I would say you should answer their question simply at first, and elaborate later - unless of course something is just SCREAMING at you and needs to be told to the Querent ASAP! Sometimes if you start talking and talking all the Querent hears is babble - 'TMI too fast' - they need time to process what the reading is saying before you start adding layers to it, IMHO. there is nothing wrong with getting in-depth ... but not in the first five minutes ...

olivia1

I am guessing that you ask them what their question is ahead of time ... ?

I would say you should answer their question simply at first, and elaborate later - unless of course something is just SCREAMING at you and needs to be told to the Querent ASAP! Sometimes if you start talking and talking all the Querent hears is babble - 'TMI too fast' - they need time to process what the reading is saying before you start adding layers to it, IMHO. there is nothing wrong with getting in-depth ... but not in the first five minutes ...

yes, i do. and thanks that is exactly what i wanted to know :)

Amanda

Tea Leaf cards.

They don't usually mean anything other than exactly what they say right on the card, and they are the best thing for making predictions. So, maybe you can toss down some tarot to answer your sitter's question, and while you're talking about that, throw down some Tea Leaf cards for the next month or two to see if there is anything significant to mention.

That's what I would do anyway... to still be quick and efficient and make some accurate predictions. The only thing is, the Tea Leaf cards might lead your sitter to ask you about something more in depth, like "okay, so who is this guy" and then you might have to pull your tarot back out.

Just one idea! :)

olivia1

Tea Leaf cards.

They don't usually mean anything other than exactly what they say right on the card, and they are the best thing for making predictions. So, maybe you can toss down some tarot to answer your sitter's question, and while you're talking about that, throw down some Tea Leaf cards for the next month or two to see if there is anything significant to mention.

That's what I would do anyway... to still be quick and efficient and make some accurate predictions. The only thing is, the Tea Leaf cards might lead your sitter to ask you about something more in depth, like "okay, so who is this guy" and then you might have to pull your tarot back out.

Just one idea! :)

Oh, I would LOVE to do that but the Tea Leaf Oracles are a pain to shuffle...but that's probably because i havent found a quick and easy way to mix them. have you? if so, please do share :)

ps. do you like them even more than lenormands for predictions?

tarotbear

Why don't you just serve them a cup of tea with their reading and read the real leaves after? LOL!!

Amanda

Oh, I would LOVE to do that but the Tea Leaf Oracles are a pain to shuffle...but that's probably because i havent found a quick and easy way to mix them. have you? if so, please do share :)

ps. do you like them even more than lenormands for predictions?

Hm... I don't know if I like them *more* than the Lenormand... I still tend to like to take my time thinking more with the Lenormand and get a "feel". The Tea Leaf cards are point-blank, quick answers.

As far as shuffling them, I make sure they're mixed well before I begin by cutting them in stacks and shuffling the smaller stacks, then I reassemble. When I'm ready to pull cards for someone I just hold the entire stack in my right hand, and move my left middle finger and thumb down either side of the stack until I feel it's right to stop and then "roll" a card out through those fingers. What I mean by "roll" is my middle finger is on one side of the stack and my thumb is on the opposite side of the stack, and I squeeze inward until those two fingers come together on a single card.

haleyw

Hm... I don't know if I like them *more* than the Lenormand... I still tend to like to take my time thinking more with the Lenormand and get a "feel". The Tea Leaf cards are point-blank, quick answers.

As far as shuffling them, I make sure they're mixed well before I begin by cutting them in stacks and shuffling the smaller stacks, then I reassemble. When I'm ready to pull cards for someone I just hold the entire stack in my right hand, and move my left middle finger and thumb down either side of the stack until I feel it's right to stop and then "roll" a card out through those fingers. What I mean by "roll" is my middle finger is on one side of the stack and my thumb is on the opposite side of the stack, and I squeeze inward until those two fingers come together on a single card.

I have never heard of Tea leaf cards and never considered the Lenormand, because I never really knew what they did.

Off to purchase some...

Thanks Amanda :thumbsup: