What does a "portal" in a crystal mean?

minrice

I bought a really pretty quartz sphere today and the woman at the shop said that it had a "portal" in it. I'm having trouble finding anything about a crystal portal on the web and so was wondering if any of you here could shed some light on it? What does that mean? It is a little square shaped "portal", tomorrow when I have natural light I'll post some photos of the sphere.

cardlady22

Melody or Katrina Raphaell are the sources I would go to when asking about crystal formations, inclusions, effects, etc. I don't recall this term off the top of my head. It may be known as something else.

Maybe ask MCsea?

minrice

"Portal" = Gateway Crystal

Inclusions! That was the word I just couldn't think of. Thank you cardlady!

I do have Melody's Love is in the Earth reference book. Couldn't find "portal" alone but I did find "Gateway crystal" which is the same thing...

"The gateway crystal can be used to gain access to other worlds and other lives." Sounds good :)
Anyone have any experience or anything else to share about portal/gateway crystals?

thinbuddha

another word for inclusion is "flaw".

I'm not saying that they are bad (I prefer stones with inclusions- it's what makes them interesting) but inclusion simply means *anything* that is visible within the stone. Rainbows, veils, phantoms.... anything.

My guess is that somewhere along the line, somebody thought they could sell more stones if they changes the name of one of the types of inclusions to "portal". In other words, I think it's a sales pitch to make you think that the stone is somehow infused with magic.

my $0.02

cardlady22

Oh, absolutely! The lesson in Marketing Tactics was every bit as useful as the lore I went rummaging for! :p
Trademarked names, etc.

ETA: Forgot that over half that thought was posted somewhere else. I am referring to getting wholesale gem catalogs and then comparing with the New Age retailers claims & descriptions.

I read everything & choose my stones because I love/want them. But, I won't pay outrageous, marked up prices on things.

The magic comes from me & what it makes me see/feel.

minrice

Well I agree, one shouldn't buy something just because of sometimes questionable marketing tactics!

I had already bought the sphere when I asked what other minerals were in with the quartz and that was when she told me. Probably wouldn't have said anything about it if I hadn't asked.
It's a flaw but a cool flaw and Melody does recognize it in her reference book, I just thought it was cool and was wondering if anyone had crystals with gateways/portals in them so I'd know what to look for...

thinbuddha

This doesn't really answer the question, but....

rocksinmyheadtoo.com said:
http://www.rocksinmyheadtoo.com/Formatio.htm

Gateway Crystals are recognized by the existence of a portal going from the face or side of the crystal to the interior of the crystal. They can be used to gain access to other worlds and other lives. They have been used to assist one in gaining admittance to akashic records and have assisted in the attunement of the state of ascension required in order to view both past and future lives. These crystals can also provide for stability of the chakras and the aura, initiating cleansing and purification as needed.

crystalvaults.com said:
http://www.crystalvaults.com/pages/quartz_crystals_explained.php#p

(note: Under "portal" it redirects you to "timeline to past/timeline to future)

Time Line to the Future Often incorrectly called Activation Right. Time Line crystals describe a special kind of quartz crystal that contains a seventh face that is just below the six main faces of the termination. This special face is in the shape of a parallelogram, which is similar to a rectangle turned at an angle leaning right.

Time Line to the Past Often incorrectly called Activation Left. Time Line crystals describe a special kind of quartz crystal that contains a seventh face that is just below the six main faces of the termination. This special face is in the shape of a parallelogram, which is similar to a rectangle turned at an angle leaning left. Also known as Ancestral Time Line.

thinbuddha

also:

astrocrystals.com said:
TIME LINK PORTAL QUARTZ -
Time Line - Past (left) Time Line to the Past - A crystal with a rectangular face leaning to the left. It is believed they can be used to access information from the past.

Time Line - Future (right) Time Line to the Future - A crystal with a rectangular face leaning to the right. It is believed the can be used to access information from the future.

So, I guess that in your case, they are saying that there is a phantom within the ball that happens to be this type of crystal with the 7th face(?)

thinbuddha

and then there's the images.....

Attachments

• portal1.jpg
    portal1.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 359
  • portal2.jpg
    portal2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 354

Sonic

cardlady22 said:
The magic comes from me & what it makes me see/feel.

No truer words were ever spoken.