What does Devil rx means with the Queen of Cups rx?

velvet

I'm trying to understand both of the cards that came rx, as a daily draw on how my day is going to be.

So I was reading that the devil rx is about letting go of an addiction or something that is bounding you in chains. Now with the Queen of Cups rx, could it mean that she is someone who tends to lead someone else into her addictions of some sort? Could it also mean something positive instead of being negative, because of the Devil rx? I'm a little confused, can someone please elaborate so my mind clicks.

Amanda

Well, the Queen of Cups rx. can be self-deceptive in that she lets her emotions get the best of her.. so perhaps by letting go of the 'thing' that had control (Devil rx.) you've also let go of this self-deception (Queen of Cups rx.).

Curtis Penfold

Y'all should really have different profile pics. For a second, I thought Amanda was having a conversation with her self LOL :p

Fostha

Curtis Penfold said:
Y'all should really have different profile pics. For a second, I thought Amanda was having a conversation with her self LOL :p

Shouldn't laugh....that really happens for some people...:p:p:p

Curtis Penfold

Fostha said:
Shouldn't laugh....that really happens for some people...:p:p:p
I know, I just thought it was an interesting technique.

1st Post: What does this mean?

2nd Post: Well, it means...

Curtis Penfold

What is this RX thing, anyway? This is a deck, right?

lark

Devil RX + Queen Cups RX
Could mean a lifting of depression.

RX is reversed...

Thirteen

velvet said:
So I was reading that the devil rx is about letting go of an addiction or something that is bounding you in chains.
Um, well, yes, kinda. It depends on how you read reversals. One way is to read them as the "opposite" of the card. In that case, you're right. Reversed would mean the opposite of the Devil, meaning released from an addiction, or avoiding going overboard and getting into trouble, getting trapped.

BUT, it could also mean being so afraid of ending up "chained" or addicted that you don't give into any "temptation" or take any chances.

Now with the Queen of Cups rx, could it mean that she is someone who tends to lead someone else into her addictions of some sort?
Any rx cups cards can be (but not necessarily are) indications of alcoholism or drug abuse.

So, as a daily draw I'd say, simply, that someone else's bad example will keep you from going in a wrong direction yourself--like a girlfriend getting drunk at a bar will keep you from over-indulging yourself, or just the memory of a drunk girlfriend or some over-indulgent relative your recall from a party--something like that.

Putting it even more simply, you will restrain yourself and keep away from temptation because you're aware from someone else's example where it might lead to.

velvet

lark said:
Devil RX + Queen Cups RX
Could mean a lifting of depression.

RX is reversed...
That makes sense, but in a different way. It could also mean lifting the shyness away. I felt like I kind did that today, but I'm not sure because another thing happened.

Thirteen said:
Putting it even more simply, you will restrain yourself and keep away from temptation because you're aware from someone else's example where it might lead to.
Yes, this as well. I was walking today to catch the bus, and these young boys where trying to catch my attention but not in a good way. I knew where that usually goes, and it was uncomfortable. So ignored it and went to the destination that I intended to go.

I'm not sure which one to pick. The second seems to be the one that resonates with both cards.