What does everyone do before / after a reading?

Busby

I'm pretty new to tarot reading and i was wondering what everyone does before and after a reading. Do you bless the cards? Is there a prayer involved? Do you just get up and walk away? I'm curious! Let me know!

AnemoneRosie

I personally have zero rituals beyond putting the deck back together at the end, and maybe shuffling it a few times.
Sometimes at the beginning I might light a candle. I like to have tea while I'm reading, so I'll often make that first.

That's it :)
I'm not one for ritual, really. I appreciate its role for others, but I find it too draining on my energy.

spookyboo22

I shuffle before and after and always use the cloth they are wrapped in to put them on, that's it

Falcor

Well I talk to them, welcome them and thank them after I finish.
Sometimes I light up a candle.

That's it =]

JylliM

If I want to be fancy I'll clear the mess off the coffee table, lay a spread cloth and light candles. I sometimes do a silent call for guidance from whatever angels/devas are around (you can tell I'm pretty vague on this!). Afterwards I blow out the candle and try to remember to say thankyou.

But usually I'll just put some cards down on the bedspread because I do most readings in bed in my PJs.

JoannaCrystal

I start with 3 deep breaths 1one to clear my mind, 2nd to be present (body and mind) and 3rd to fully relax and open my mind for the reading! Then i ask to what i believe (God, Universe...) For light and protection, intuition and give thanks for the honor to be able to help my client... At the end i clean the client's energy by shuffling the cards and give thanks again! šŸ˜Š
But i believe that everyone has their unique way, and if something feels right for you, do it! šŸ˜Š

Much Light!

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

gregory

I sit down and shuffle. When I'm done, I put the cards back in their box/bag. Sometimes I re-order them; other times I don't.

ram

I personally have zero rituals beyond putting the deck back together at the end, and maybe shuffling it a few times.

Sometimes at the beginning I might light a candle. I like to have tea while I'm reading, so I'll often make that first.

That's it :)

I'm not one for ritual, really. I appreciate its role for others, but I find it too draining on my energy.

AnemoneRosie you have wonderful-sounding rituals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tanga

Hi Busby - here's a thread on what people do before reading:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=242721

How detailed my ritual is depends on my mood.

To Start -

Some days I may just sit down, take a deep breath and deal... then tidy up and get on with life.

On others - I'll set the scene with cloth and crystals, including my turquoise statuette of
Hotei (the laughing Buddha - patron of diviners) and a clear quartz for "clearer, stronger, channels".
Then sit down and clear my head with some deep breathing, and recite my little Tarot Chant:

"Sun, Moon, Stars, Infinity
I am that of which I Seek
Lord, Lady, Sacred Androgyne
I am all that which I meet