what does it mean when you are missing an element in a spread ?

vision777

i had done a chakra spread last night and i notice there were no cups cards in the spread. can someone tell me what does that mean ?

Kahlie

I assume you did a 7 Cards Chakra Spread. And you also looked at the Elemental Dignitaries of the Majors that appeared.

Basically a lack of Cups can indicate:
- Very intellectual/analytical person
- Makes decisions based on facts, not emotions
- Mind takes precedence over Heart
- Blocked Emotions
- Blank Emotionless feeling

And many more things. It all depends on the other Cards as well. Especially since the Heart Chakra, the Chakra based on feelings, love and emotions should in an ideal case have a Cups Card. It would be interesting to know which Card came up.

Kahlie

catlin

Merry Meet and Welcome,
A missing element usually indicates that there is some qualitiy of this element missing in your life / surroundings.

mtnmermaid

Depends on the suit that's missing and what does show up, I guess. I can give you an example. I did a spread for someone asking about her financial problems once, and no pentacles turned up, like you would expect. It was odd. It was mostly cups and a couple swords and one major, the Lovers. It seemed to me that the real problem wasn't money itself but emotional issues, and issues with the way she was thinking about money and finances.

vision777

Kahlie said:
I assume you did a 7 Cards Chakra Spread. And you also looked at the Elemental Dignitaries of the Majors that appeared.

Basically a lack of Cups can indicate:
- Very intellectual/analytical person
- Makes decisions based on facts, not emotions
- Mind takes precedence over Heart
- Blocked Emotions
- Blank Emotionless feeling

And many more things. It all depends on the other Cards as well. Especially since the Heart Chakra, the Chakra based on feelings, love and emotions should in an ideal case have a Cups Card. It would be interesting to know which Card came up.

Kahlie
i had the 7of wands reversed for the heart chakra, and the chakra spread i did was 10 cards .

linabeet

Lack of an element can mean different priorities in your life than that suit holds. Also dormancies, maybe the emotions are on hold while you deal with the battles of those 7 of wands, could be a survival technique.

Do you have any water in your astrological chart?