What does my deck want??

Torkie

My Robin Wood deck keeps throwing out the Ace of Wands, regardless of the spread or question. And by always, I mean 100% of the time, in every spread since I started using it about 9 days ago.

Does anyone have any opinions on this? The only thing I can think of is that the deck wants a little more attention - I initially didn't like it when it came in the mail, and I only started using it recently. I still primarily use my RWS deck; I've never used Robin Wood to read for someone else.

Perhaps it's just a card I need to take a closer look at? I'm just a little lost here.

shadowomyn

Maybe it's just happy to see you. :: barumph-bump!::

(Thank you ladies and germs, I'll be here all night.)

Kangiska

Hello Torkie

If a card turns up that way I always take a closer look at it.

Or you take the meaning of the card deeper into your life or you really looking closer at the card.

Maybe you can explain here what you see and others can tell you what you might be missing?

Greetings

Kangiska

Gia

Yuh...I agree...this is the universe's way of telling you to pay attention...that card is holding a message for you and you're not 'getting it'. Once you do...it'll take a break!

Pandora MoonRaven

Redundant I am sure but I also agree 100%. You need to pay special attention to the card. Think of how what it may be telling you in your life, write it down in a journal, compare it with your day etc.

I have had this happen with decks before like the deck was not to be ignored it said "Hey lady wake up and listen to me, I have something to say!" As soon as I understood what was trying to be said....I stopped getting the card.

Perhaps you need to think of the card in a whole new way. Just an example...when I was in early pregnancy I asked 5 decks if I was pregnant and I kept getting the Death card. My NOVT gave it to be several times. I just didn't get it. Then I thought of pregnancy..death of an old life, birth is very painful yet you get the baby which transforms your life and spirit etc. I GOT IT. Then the card stopped coming up in my decks.

So maybe try some meditation on it. I have this happen too sometimes when I ask a question and I get a card that makes no sense then I KEEP getting it. Sometimes we don't need to ask to get the knowledge we need. :eek:)

Adriana

I used to like a guy some years go, and I would always like 10/10 times pull the Empress in the readings about him. Often it came together with the significator of him etc. It turned out he was in a serious relationship with a girl, and he was very much in love. The cards were basically screaming to me that he was "taken" :p (I would also get the empress when I asked if he liked me, and it turned out that he did, but he didn't act on those feelings).

If a card seem to jump out out the deck to throw things in your face, then try to look into it. Maybe use an explanatory card to help you out. Sometimes it can mean more things than one depending on what positions it falls in.

Amanda

It's like that lightbulb at the top of my post there. Trying to get you to open your mind about something you're not seeing. Like, "Ta-da! I have a solution, ask me!" So consider whatever personal crisis/phase you may be in or going through right now, it probably has something to do with that.

Thirteen

Ask the Cards!

When in doubt, ask the cards. Here's Thirteen's un-patented method for helping you figure out what the deck is trying to tell you:

Shuffle well, cut into four piles, each one assigned according to the four suits (i.e. a "wand" pile about career, passions. A "sword" pile about communications and puzzles. A cup pile about love and friendship. A pentacle pile about health, money and work). Go through each until you find the Ace/Wands. Now you've narrowed down the topic.

If that doesn't make you go, "Oh, I know what this is all about!" Then leave out the Ace/Wands. Gather up all the cards, shuffle well, and ask the cards "What are you trying to tell me about ___________ (heath/money/work for example) with this card?"

Lay out a spread around it. What spread? Well, that depends on what you think you still need to know and whether you have any clue as to what this might be about. You might want to put a past and future card down to either side, or do a relationship reading if it came out of the "Cups" pile. You get the idea. Hope that helps.

Thirteen

shadowomyn said:
Maybe it's just happy to see you. :: barumph-bump!::

(Thank you ladies and germs, I'll be here all night.)
:joke: I like your answer, and I'll be sure to tip my waitress. ;)

Little_Sparrow

I had a situation like this not too long ago where when I was shuffling while watching tv a card would flip out, I'd pick it up, it would be the empress. I'd do a spread, out would come the Empress- every time. Finally I got the message- I sat it in the the first position of the Celtic Cross Spread and worked from there- turned out it was trying to warn me about a situation in my mothers life that was very soon going to affect me in a big way and was warning me to be prepared to be a shoulder for her - 4 days after doing this reading she called me letting me know she needed me and it fit in exactly with what the cards were telling me.
So, in conclusion lol, perhaps you should use it similar to however I did and the cards will get this issue 'off their chest' so to speak :)