what does the shadow card reflect?

ivanna

Does the shadow card reflect the possible outcome of a question, or does it reflect what the querent wish to happen?

momentarylight

What do you mean by the 'shadow card'?. I am a little unclear. Thanks :)

ivanna

the base card, the one at the end of the deck once it has been shuffled.

Alta

Since it is a shadow. I take it as negative influences or things you shouldn't do or what is working against you in the situation

merissa_88

Shadow is something you are unaware of. Completely unaware of. So it can go either way. If you are conscious of the negative aspect, it could be positive shadow aspects. Or vice versa.

ivanna

Ok, thanks.
Now I think I have to post my following question on "your readings", I'm more confused now...

lalalibra

I just read that card as added insight...

For a while, I actually tried to ignore the bottom card... The reason was that when I would pull one card and read the bottom card as well, a "one card reading" would always, in actuality, be two cards... and that started to bother me because I wanted to just focus on the one card. So for a while I didn't bother to look, but then curiosity got the better of me, and every time the bottom card would give me so much added insight that I couldn't ignore... So now I don't fight it. Now I lay out my spread, and put the deck to the side of it, face up (the bottom card being on top). It doesn't have a specific position like other cards; I just get whatever message it has for me, which depends entirely on the moment/situation.

seven stars

I have never in my life heard of a shadow card before - could someone talk more about what it is? do you just hold up the deck & look to see what it is? do you read reversals? Sounds like an interesting element to add to a reading.

Penthasilia

I never called it the "shadow" card- but do use it.

I always looked at the card from the bottom of the deck as holding the heart of the question. It may mirror what the querent asked, clarify it, or be something completely different- as the question may not have reflected that which they were really thinking about on a deep level.

To me- it is the last card I look at, to gain clarity into the emotion/thoughts/ideas behind what question the cards have actually answered.

:)

seven stars

OMG Imma totally start using this. Love it.