What does The Tower (XVI) tell you?

AS_Artimour

Its my favourite card, when I look at it I see:

- 2 people falling a king and a peasant (meaning to me that the same fate can fall upon people of completely different social status)

- A sudden loss

- A sudden change that can be caused only by a loss/sacrifice (symbolised by the lightning bolt and fire)

- failure and saddness

I'm interested to see other people's interpretations about this card.

pwrkid05

RE:What does The Tower (XVI) tell you? Reply to Thread

Hi,
I call this card The Sudden Happening card. Things like srorms and accidents happen quickly.

When reversed: I use it it has things won't go bad.

pwrkid

kerrip

Hi Guys

I was thinking about the Tower yesterday and wondered if everyone thinks of it as something only caused by a divine act, because I think that the upheavals, can be caused by someone or you could be causing them to happen to someone else. Does this make sense?

Can the Tower represent a time when you are creating havoc in someone else's life?

Kerri

Baroli

I look at the Tower and see the end of a current situation, a very sudden end, for good or for bad.

Baroli52

temperlyne

The tower to me is about the shattering of something we have constructed around ourselves. This can be anything from paradigms, valse hope and the walls people build around themselves to keep them from getting hurt. As human beings we build and we destroy, nothing we do lasts forever, nothing is constent. The universe is a dynamic balance and fixed ideas can not last.
The abrupt ending to a familliar state of mind or being is almost always earth shattering, however the collapsing tower is a liberation from rigid structures and we should remember that the star of hope is waiting for us in the ruins with the promiss of new beginnings.

Free Flight

the only constant thing in life is change and this is what the tower to me represents. Only by structures coming down does it mean we can rebuild better foundations. Sometimes it is the last thing you want or think you need but usually I find it is for the best

psychic sue

People tend to think this is only a negative card - but it can be very positive too.

I drew this card frequently just before I got my auric vision - and that certainly did change my life.

Sue x

Tavia

Adversity

Iron is forged in fire ~ that's what the Tower tells me. Not a ritualistic cleansing where the steps are defined - but a searing experience that is, ultimately, cleansing in itself. Shedding one's constricting and inihibiting misconceptions, in whatever arena of life one supposes. Facing adversity head on strengthens one's spirit - character is moulded in adversity, for better or for worse. Providing one a release from the shackles - imagined mostly - that tied one to a certain condition, a certain outlook, a certain pre-disposition. The Tower is manifestly necessary to release one from such self-created bondage. As in some cultures, fire is purifying, so is the Tower purifying ~ the purity of one's pain overwhelms to the exclusion of almost all other emotion, sometimes even of reason.

Whether such a cleansing and purifying influence is acceptable to one largely depends on one's emotional constitution - although wounds heal, fire burns acutely ~ and always leaves scars.

Lady Orchard

Since I became comfortable with the Tower I don't see it much anymore, but I would interpret it as a wake up call you can't ignore; not just opportunities to change but a need to. I don't think of it as a divine act, because after all we built that tower in the 1st place, it's just that we didn't necessarily build it very well. So, learning the hard way I guess, back to the drawing board.

starrystarrynight

I think sometimes the Tower comes up to tell you that something totally unexpected is about to happen--good or bad--and whatever it is, first, it'll be out of left field and you'll never see it coming, and second, it'll happen to change your life in some drastic way.

I think the message of this card is that if we get too complacent in a situation, it will bound to change somehow...but I have still had it appear to augur something I never would have expected (but maybe should have.)