What is a gentler stone than Black Tourmaline?

Labhraín

Ok, I went to my local crystal shop today and I picked up these stones:

black tourmaline
aventuringe
bloodstone
angelite
black onyx

I picked up the black tourmaline and I could definitely feel the energy it had. So I thought, maybe too strong? But then I picked around in the bin and found a little pyramid shaped black tourmaline and it sounds funny, but it felt like a happy little stone. So I got it, and looking around, I found the others. The black onyx looks neat because it's in the shape of a perfect square. The angelite, bloodstone and aventurine are all very pretty stones.

So, what do you think of these?

GreenMoonBeam

Labhraín , (Beautiful Irish name) :heart:

that sounds like a good selection. From my pov, if I like them, then I find they work well for any purpose. I love the idea of looking,feeling thro a bin and touching & handling crystals. The final choice is so rewarding.

Enjoy them :love:

Blessings

GMB

linnie

GreenMoonBeam said:
Labhraín , (Beautiful Irish name) :heart:

that sounds like a good selection. From my pov, if I like them, then I find they work well for any purpose. I love the idea of looking,feeling thro a bin and touching & handling crystals. The final choice is so rewarding.

Enjoy them :love:

Blessings

GMB
Yes... I always ask to have the crystals brought out of the display cupboard so I can feel them, play with them, connect with them... and, with tumbled stones, I always go through the whole bin, remove those that give me a 'no', and then select from the rest... As GMB says, if you connect with them, they can be used for any purpose... just ask them... :) :heart:

Labhraín

Hi Lark,

Thank you for the suggestion on Epidote. I'm not familiar with that one. I just looked it up and it is a pretty green stone. I'll see if I can find any pieces with that.

What do you think about Seraphinite? I came across it here in another thread, and I wonder if that would be a good choice. What has been everyone's experience with Seraphinite?

GreenMoonBeam

This,too, is a crystal I like. Should you find a piece, look very very carefully at it to see what looks like the feathering of Angel wings. And its name is based on angels, Seraphims.

I'm wondering if you might find Unakite a crystal you could enjoy?
I recalled this thread that has a couple of suggestions with URLs. It's a good look at thread imho.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=48944

Blessings

GMB

Labhraín

I'm really leaning towards green tourmaline and smokey quartz. I found a green tourmaline ring on Ebay. What do you think:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...0263657&category=164343&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

I have a piece of black tourmaline and a piece of black onyx near my computer, along with a smokey quartz crystal. I also have a nice little polished black obsidian stone. They're sort of like "little sentinels." They seem to be working well.

I thought more about the seraphinite and it feels a little bit cool to me. Unakite and epidote I like more. They have a wamer feel to them. I have found lots of pieces of unakite but none with epidote, although the Encyclopedia of Crystals by Judy Hall lists unakite (epidote) on page 36, but then it lists epidote on page 114. The Crystal Bible (also by Hall) does not lis epidote at all, only unakite. How is unakite different from epidote?

cardlady22

If you have a metaphysical or rock shop close by that lets you sift through large bins of tumbled stones, you might find a piece that's mostly green. Sometimes children's museums have them.

Or you could note when ordering from a site that you want a specimen with the least possible pink areas.

Labhraín

True, I have seen some green pieces of that. I'll look around and see what I can find. They didn't have any in my local crystal shop. I'll have a look at what's on Ebay.