what is it about doreen virtue?

BrightEye

i have 4 decks by her now and can see myself getting more. i don't know why. i don't even always like the art, but the cards somehow seem to work really well. and you do discover 'darker' aspects when you look at the pictures and ignore the messages.

i'm more into tarot really and like decks like the thoth, which seems to be on a completely different planet to the doreen virtue decks. but then again, not really.

i don't really know why i'm so drawn to them. anyone else feel like that? and why do they work so well?

a_shikhs

I know what you mean. :) I have most of her decks. Even though I find them too sweet at times, I find myself going back to them now and then. And yes you are right about getting deep readings if you ignore the messages.

Last week I had gifted my best friend "Saints and Angels" deck by Doreen and when she did a reading for me, I was quite shocked at the accuracy. I mean I didint expect that kind of a reading with this deck. She did a complete intuitive reading and ignored the messages written below. It was mind blowing. There is definately something in her decks.. :)

BrightEye

a_shikhs said:
Last week I had gifted my best friend "Saints and Angels" deck by Doreen and when she did a reading for me, I was quite shocked at the accuracy. I mean I didint expect that kind of a reading with this deck. She did a complete intuitive reading and ignored the messages written below. It was mind blowing. There is definately something in her decks.. :)
i had a similar experience yesterday. i gave someone a reading with the archangels deck and i really surprised myself (and the other person) as to how deep and accurate it was.

what is it about her though? is she some kind of medium?

Shina

I got my first Oracle, Archangel by Doreen. I did my first reading for a friend and we were both surprised by the accuracy. There is something about the cards. I always go back to them for suggestions and help whenever I'm stuck.

BrightEye

i've read she's a clairvoyant and especially the archangels oracle is created like a clairvoyant would see angels. is it this that makes them so magical?

YDM42

I find the one deck I have from her pretty amazing in accuracy. I have even read a bad review or two on her decks and when I read, what the person complaining said, I understood perfectly what the cards where saying- maybe we either connect with the energy of the cards or we dont?

I agree with what is posted here.

Alta

These decks, especially Messages from your Angels, saw me through a vey traumatic time in my life. Oddly, I find I don't use them often now, and when I do, they don't resonate. Must be situation-specific for me. When I did need them, they were there for me and right on the money.

a_shikhs

BrightEye said:
i've read she's a clairvoyant and especially the archangels oracle is created like a clairvoyant would see angels. is it this that makes them so magical?

Ive read a few of her books and they are awesome. Yes she is a clairvoyant and a medium who converses with spirits and angels like how we talk to other human beings. She says that the angels guided her towards her decks and that's why they are so powerful. There is a lot og angel energy in them.

BrightEye

i think i now know why i'm so drawn to these decks. i had a dream the other night about my guide/goddess. a very healing and loving dream.

today i bought the healing with the angels deck and one card in there, 'healing', looks and feels exactly like what happened in the dream. two women, one with angel wings and the other one asleep with her head in the angel/woman's lap. the angel/woman is fondling the other one's hair. my dream was almost exactly like the picture.

this is the deck i most connect with. i've never felt a connection like that with other oracle decks. very strange all this.

sharpchick

I don't know what it is about the other oracle decks, since I can't get into the cherubic looks of the angel cards I've seen. But I do have the Goddess Guidance Oracle cards and am getting more and more "into" that deck every day.

I bought it to study the goddesses from different cultures - didn't intend to use it for divination at all, just for study. Study led to meditation. Then, for kicks and because I had them for a month and hadn't done a new deck reading with them (remember, I wasn't going to use them for divination), I did one. It was very promising, as well as intriguing - pretty much told me that if I took the cards seriously, the sky was the limit with this deck.

The cards are spot on for me - each day, I draw one card at the beginning of the day to see which Goddess is with me now. Today's draw was Vesta, the Goddess of home and hearth. It is a gray, rainy day and I was working part of my day at home (the last part). Thought of a very special guy a while ago and was toying with calling him to see if he was busy for the evening. Drew three cards to see if the Goddesses favored me making the call.

I got Mary Magdelene, Guinevere and Vesta (again). I am taking that as a sign that I should chill a bottle of wine and light some candles. . .

Synchronicity strikes again. ;)