What Lenormand deck is the postman bringing?

MoonGypsy

I'm waiting for Astro Mythological Cards by Mml. Lenormand. I'm a complete novice, and am afraid I have gotten a very complicated deck to learn on. I would love to hear someone's thoughts on this. Perhaps I need to order a simpler deck, like the Petit Lenormand.

Personally, i don't really consider the Astro Mythological deck a good one for beginners. i think a more traditional 36 card Petit Lenormand would serve better during the initial learning process.

For an absolute Lenormand beginner, i would recommend a more traditional Lenormand deck like the French Cartomancy or Piatnik. [or any Dondorf based lenormand deck]

French Cartomancy:

http://www.lenormand.eu/pics/french-cartomancy.jpg

Piatnik:

http://www.lenormand-wahrsagekarten.de/pics/piatnik.jpg

ETA: i just peeked in your profile, Ruby Jewel and i see that you have Titania's fortune Cards Oracle?

To me they are actually a Lenormand! i have them...They are my "Psychedelic" Lenormand. :p

conurelover

I'm waiting for Astro Mythological Cards by Mml. Lenormand. I'm a complete novice, and am afraid I have gotten a very complicated deck to learn on. I would love to hear someone's thoughts on this. Perhaps I need to order a simpler deck, like the Petit Lenormand.

If you are just learning Lenormand, with the cards you just purchased, you may only be able to concentrate on learning the meaning of the picture/symbol in the very middle of these cards, i.e. meaning of clover, bear, tree, ring, etc. After that I would try concentrating the other symbols on those cards.

I have to admit, I didn't know what those cards were like and just took a quick peak at them. They reminded me of my sibilllas, but they are definitely Lenormand.

Good luck. You will do fine.

Tag_jorrit

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! all the way to MoonGypsy's house!!!! :D

I've been using it for a week now, and Le Fanu's Destroyed Dondorf is my ALL-TIME favorite!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

:love::love::love:

You are a person of exquisite taste! So happy you like this very special deck. :D

MaileSkye

My First Lenormand Deck!

I just ordered Gilded Reverie, which will be my first Lenormand deck.

I also ordered Rana George's The Essential Lenormand to help me understand the cards.

Madame Squee

You are a person of exquisite taste! So happy you like this very special deck. :D

So are you! Thank you for creating the opportunity for everyone to enjoy Le Fanu's Destroyed Dondorf! It transports me... :love:

metatron3

If Astro Mythological deck is what I think it is from what I've look. It is not at all a Petit Lenormand. It is a Grand Lenormand and it is not working with the same symbolic.

I can hardly find information in french on this deck and god knows it is often sell in France.

But I don't know much about it either, I might be wrong too :)

Rose Lalonde

Mertz Lenormand is on the way. It's my first Lenormand purchase.

(While I wait, I'm doing a little practice with generous CarrieParis' free-to-print Learning Lenormand, which came out nicely on some matte photo paper.)

surpeti

(While I wait, I'm doing a little practice with generous CarrieParis' free-to-print Learning Lenormand, which came out nicely on some matte photo paper.)

I've been very happy with the Mertz, my current go-to. But not so content I couldn't talk myself into a mini version of the Lenormand Revolution. It's on its way. :shhh:

Le Fanu

woo! well done you; first Lenormand purchase and you hit upon quite probably the best one!

Postman brought the new Gluck edition of the Game of Hope. Love it. Heaven...

Rose Lalonde

woo! well done you; first Lenormand purchase and you hit upon quite probably the best one!

surpeti's advice steered my attention toward decks with card inserts, ease of reading, etc., and much of what I read about the Mertz came from your thread here & your blog. So it's well done ATers, more than anything I did! :thumbsup: Thanks.