whats the method

louiseb

Ok so im no genius at tarot and i dont pretend to be, but i always say if i dont ask i will never learn, i know to some us beginers are like unwanted situations, you know were there but no one wants to face us. Well im asking a question that maybe stupid to others but to me i feel i need to know to enable me to be a better reader, so here goes;

When we do an exchange reading is there some sort of method/ preparation that has to be done before we select the cards and ask the question. I ask because if im doing a reading for myselve i am choosing the cards and asking the question, but if i do an exchange then although im choosing the cards for someone else wont they some how relate to me myselve. So many people say that the cards pick up on what we are feeling so to speak, so wouldnt my feeling interfere with some one elses question. I know this may sound silly to most but hopefully some one out there can answer my question.

Thanks to all

rwcarter

Everyone has their own method or ritual, so I'm sure you'll get lots of responses. Regardless of the person for whom I'm reading, I will think of their question while shuffling and choosing the cards. So if I'm doing a reading on my week ahead, I'll think "what do I need to know about my week ahead?" But if I'm doing a reading on Jane's week ahead, I'll think "what does Jane need to know about her week ahead?" while shuffling and selecting the cards. So my focus and intent is on the person for whom I'm doing the reading.

HTH,
Rodney

Asbestos Mango

Well, when I'm in the RX (which I haven't been for a while), I have the sitter's post in front of me on the screen and ask "What does X need to know about....", then shuffle the way I would for a normal reading.

Really, there's no right or wrong way. You can sit on the floor and shuffle and throw down the cards, you can set up a small table with a candle and Bub the Crystal Skull (no, scratch that, you can't have Bub, he's my crystal skull), whatever makes you the most comfortable.

NikkiB

Same here, for me like the others its all about intention. Like Rodney I use "i" or the persons name I a reading for in my question. I don't have any rituals as such, I often ask that my guides give me the the information in the clearest way possible and that I communicate to the sitter what they need to hear but sometimes I do this sometimes I don't, It doesn't seem to matter either way, I guess that my intention is always for the highest good and that I would like things as clear as possible please lol

louiseb

Well, when I'm in the RX (which I haven't been for a while), I have the sitter's post in front of me on the screen and ask "What does X need to know about....", then shuffle the way I would for a normal reading.

Really, there's no right or wrong way. You can sit on the floor and shuffle and throw down the cards, you can set up a small table with a candle and Bub the Crystal Skull (no, scratch that, you can't have Bub, he's my crystal skull), whatever makes you the most comfortable.

lol thanks for the reply ( Hmm must look into the cystal skull lol) i did wonder though what tech was usued obviously no specific tech is used. Thank you sooooo much for answering my query.

louiseb

Same here, for me like the others its all about intention. Like Rodney I use "i" or the persons name I a reading for in my question. I don't have any rituals as such, I often ask that my guides give me the the information in the clearest way possible and that I communicate to the sitter what they need to hear but sometimes I do this sometimes I don't, It doesn't seem to matter either way, I guess that my intention is always for the highest good and that I would like things as clear as possible please lol

very interesting answer for me as i have often wondered about guides how would one know who there guide it.

louiseb

Everyone has their own method or ritual, so I'm sure you'll get lots of responses. Regardless of the person for whom I'm reading, I will think of their question while shuffling and choosing the cards. So if I'm doing a reading on my week ahead, I'll think "what do I need to know about my week ahead?" But if I'm doing a reading on Jane's week ahead, I'll think "what does Jane need to know about her week ahead?" while shuffling and selecting the cards. So my focus and intent is on the person for whom I'm doing the reading.

HTH,
Rodney

thank you rodney a very plain but simple answer, lol suppose i knew the answer but wasnt hundred percent sure. Thank you you have made exchanges a little easier for me.

NikkiB

very interesting answer for me as i have often wondered about guides how would one know who there guide it.

Well I don't address any specific guide just ask "my guides " specifying that they have the highest intent for only the highest good, although I did do a spread to find out more about my guides which was really interesting as I recognized one of them instantly by the cards that were laid - it was my father (who I disliked intensely in life and would absolutely not choose him as a guide) so its quite interesting to find out! There are some good spreads in the spreads section to try if you would like to find out more about them...

Rasa

I always feel more disconnected from the client in long distance readings than I do face-to-face.. it's just not the same.

One time, I experimented with making a temporary 'gate' between me and the querent. I drew an invoking pentagram (with energy) in front of me, and imagined it like a star-shaped window/portal that had the querent just on the other side. I asked that I be able to perceive clearly through it, and that their energy would come through as though we were immediately in front of each other. It worked really well! I want to experiment with this method again.

Usually, I focus on the person's name as I'm shuffling. If they have an avatar, a profile, a picture, whatever, I look at that before the reading, to try to connect. I'm not sure it actually makes a difference, but it feels like the right thing to do. I think of it like a significator.

canid

What Rodney & everyone else has said...plus sometimes, if I'm using a different spread, I'll reiterate that along with the question. For instance, the question, be it 'what do I need to know about so&so', etc., but also include 'I'm going to use a 3 card spread, past present future', or whatever you've decided on. (Then again, it's not even necessary to have a preset spread; just read them as they fall intuitively.) But if you do, it helps to state it. I tend to not use more than 5 cards, but I DO always use the Shadow card, so I guess that would actually be 6. Usually though it's 3 cards & with the shadow that would be 4, but it works for me & whatever 'powers' the cards knows that I consistently use the shadow card so it's always appropriate. Always. Sometimes I even want to stop at the shadow card...

It's completely up to you. Think of the song 'I did it my way!' I think what's more important is consistency, or vocalizing the spread you plan on using, whether it's verbal or mental. Don't want people to walk by while you're talking to yourself...