What's with the Lo Scarabeo Ancient Tarot of Marseilles (Conver)?

marseilletarot

Someone is selling this deck on eBay for $10,000.00 right now. Seriously? Is that what this deck goes for!? Did they only print very few copies? Why so expensive? Anybody with info would be most welcome!! Thanks!

jema

Perhaps it is one of them 'haunted' decks :p

AJ

it's a blue herring to lead you to their other listings is my guess. Give us a link so we can analyze it. Could be a typo although that is a lot of zeros for a typo.

Sulis

It's out of print but not hard to find. I got one a few months ago for £9 on ebay uk and it really wasn't difficult to find a copy.
I think some people just think that if something is out of print someone will pay silly money for it and someone may just do that. Just because it's listed at that price doesn't mean it will sell though.

Le Fanu

It's out of print but not hard to find. I got one a few months ago for £9 on ebay uk and it really wasn't difficult to find a copy.
I think some people just think that if something is out of print someone will pay silly money for it and someone may just do that. Just because it's listed at that price doesn't mean it will sell though.
But oddly enough, this is a deck I very rarely see for a reasonable price. I think the cheapest I've seen it (amazon uk a few months ago) was for 30 GBPs. I passed on it.

I have three copies so I definitely think it's worth $10,000.

But seriously, a wonderful deck. Always the same; ignored when available, purists sneering, and now it's a deck many people want. I have been approached a few times for people wanting to know if I knew where to get one. Funny, everyone thought it was a flourescent coloured, not realising that it was actually an antique deck facsimilie (mid 1800s)

But it is actually my favourite Conver photographic reproduction by far.

But yes, I have three and will only sell as a single lot. })

Debra

It's something different.

I do believe it was someone here who explained about these bizarre prices! And it makes perfect sense.

Supposedly Amazon sellers put ridiculously high prices on items they don't have in stock, to prevent people from placing an order they can't fulfill.

I don't know if the amazon listing system is slow or has a glitch. Or maybe the sellers do it as a way of "keeping their place" in the system. This is a huge seller and maybe their system has glitches, too--or maybe they automatically default to the gazillion dollar price when their inventory shows "empty."

Someone could write and ask them.

Le Fanu

But then I found a reasonably priced MRP deck on amazon last week ($20?), ordered it, then two days later got an email saying "sorry we cannot fulfill your order as the supplier doesn't have the item in stock."

Grrrr!

Two days later the same seller had it for $300.

(is this relevant? :D Just thinking of the wiliness of amazon sellers...)

Debra

Wth.

That's different, isn't it.