when you're spectacularly wrong...

elvenstar

Hi all, something really interesting happened today. I have been wondering for a while whether a certain thing would happen and I had done some readings on it, not often, only when I thought circumstances might have changed. Every single time I interpreted the readings as saying 'no it won't, forget it'. Well, you guessed it, I was completely wrong :D

I even interpreted a reading very clearly this way after the thing had happened and I didn't know about it yet, so it's not that 'things changed'. I didn't have a huge desire either way for this, so I don't think I was very biased.

Thinking back, while I didn't base any actions or decisions on those readings, I really did believe them deep inside. This actually helped me in some ways, so it's all good. But it makes me wonder what this is all about. Has anything similar happened to you? Is it possible that we sometimes get 'what we need to hear' even if it's inaccurate? I hope this makes some sense, I would really appreciate some opinions :)

Miss Divine

elvenstar said:
Hi all, something really interesting happened today. I have been wondering for a while whether a certain thing would happen and I had done some readings on it, not often, only when I thought circumstances might have changed. Every single time I interpreted the readings as saying 'no it won't, forget it'. Well, you guessed it, I was completely wrong :D

I even interpreted a reading very clearly this way after the thing had happened and I didn't know about it yet, so it's not that 'things changed'. I didn't have a huge desire either way for this, so I don't think I was very biased.

Thinking back, while I didn't base any actions or decisions on those readings, I really did believe them deep inside. This actually helped me in some ways, so it's all good. But it makes me wonder what this is all about. Has anything similar happened to you? Is it possible that we sometimes get 'what we need to hear' even if it's inaccurate? I hope this makes some sense, I would really appreciate some opinions :)
Yes it's happened to me before.
But usually only when readings look good... the opposite happens.
But when things look bad...believe me they turn out bad.
It particularly happens when I have a query about someone (romantically speaking usually) and the cards look good, it happens but with somebody else.
Does this make sense?
I have a friend and the same thing happens to her. Lately she doesn't wanna read the cards anymore because she says they lie LOL. And yes, they have been inaccurate asking about specific people.

Grizabella

Hey, we're gonna be wrong sometimes! We're not always going to be right by any means! But we just keep on going and we get better with time and experience.

You see, using that "things change and we change our own outcomes" is sometimes used for a cop-out to kind of try to cover up for the fact that we're going to be wrong sometimes. ;) So just accept that we're not always right and keep working on it. That's the best thing to do.

Chronata

This happens almost exclusively when I read for myself.
I always think, well...it's got to be the opposite of what you silly cards say!

Which is, of course...why I don't read for myself.
and when I do...I always like a second opinion from another reader I trust!

Alta

I have been deeply, painfully OTT wrong when reading for myself, but that was my own reaction. I know that I have been completely off the mark in readings here as well. Perhaps are there are folks who as they claim are 100% accurate, but I suspect they are kidding themselves or they haven't read very long.

The one I recall the most was a reading leading up to getting a certain job. I was absolutely certain I would get it, and I mean Rock of Gibraltar certain. I did not just not get it, I came dead last in a field of six. The depth of my rage against the cards was intense. Okay, I ripped up an entire deck if that gives you an idea. But I learned a good lesson too (eventually :) ).

Frannie

Oh yes, it has definately happened to me, many times. Even when I have read for other people... and things turn out almost the opposite of what I said! yeah, it's a big fall, but I think only good comes from it, I learn more and makes my learning even more challenging. I either don't get why this happens. Sometimes the cards are yelling a "YES" when it turns out such a big "NO, It is still a big mistery for me, I wonder why it happens....

Bazaa

Strangely enough, this usually happens to me when I'm reading for someone else, even if it's a close friend and I know them well. I'm trying to read for them and all kinds of cards I would never see coming and have absolutely nothing to do with their situation just keep on popping up, and I become really embarrassed when they say "no, that's not it" over and over.

So, while many people don't like reading for themselves, I'm awful at reading for others :( I wanted to become better at it though, there must be something that I'm doing wrong.

Miss Divine

With me it's only happened reading for myself. I'm sure it's gonna happen reading for others sometime, but I haven't been reading that long yet.

Like past week, I asked what was going to happen between me and X.
Well, the cards didn't 'lie'...it was just happened to be about someone else, person Y. LOL

MoonLitCrystal

Ah yes...been there, done that, got the T-shirt and the magnet ;)

It stinks. It really, really does. When it happens to me I sort of doubt my abilities as a reader for a few minutes. But then I think, "Hey, things happen."

If I had read for myself when it happened, I'm not surprised by it at all LOL. It seems that more often than not, I can't see past my own emotions/involvement in the situation to read accurately. If I had read for someone else, I just chalk it up to being "off" that day, or maybe the person and I just didn't "click" well.

Who knows, maybe the cards like to surprise us or fool us every now and then :devil:

Aladdin

Find myself in agreement with most of what has been written on this and especially what Bazaa said.
Sometimes half a can too much and tiredness conspire to produce "off" readings and oddly enough the 4 of swords tends to show up then, as if to say something like 'give it a rest old son'.
Other times the blank card has manifest itself (as in Hanson-Roberts) for example, which i sometimes think indicates a safety valve operating in order to prevent confusing, dangerous or misleading messages.
Mostly i read for myself, asking questions relating to others and their situations. To be accurate i've found it necessary to try and suspend as much sentiment as possible. This applies to 'remote readings' as well.
My least accurate readings have been those on a one to one basis, but have to admit that i've done very few of these.
A few times when i attempted to project things past three months ahead i have been spectacularly wrong and pleased these were only to do with me !