Where do "I" end and "They" begin?

Grigori

There has been some funny energy going on for me lately, and it has raised some questions for me on the nature of "me" and "them" in a chart.

I've got a couple difficult transits that have been playing hell with me, and escalating recently. But the last few weeks, I've seen the same type of issues over and over in my nearest and dearest. Ordinarily I would just assume I am projecting on others, but the incidence is getting to be way beyond co-incidence. I would say its disturbingly regular and pervasive. And affecting those closest to me the worse.

So how much of this is coming from me? Do the charts of people who are close to each other interact in reaction to transits, beyond simple compability of charts? Or maybe it is just something in the air that is affecting us all equally?

I guess thats a lot of questions all at once.... I'll shut up now.

dadsnook2000

You, your chart

Your chart reflects you, and only you. You and your chart are not mutually inclusive in that you can grow beyond your chart or shrink to only a portion of your chart. But, for practical purposes you are your chart, your chart is you.

Other people each have their own chart, known or not known. Where ever one of their planets interacts with one your planets there is a connection. What flows from you thru that connection depends upon how you reflect your chart. What comes back from others thru that connection reflects how they live and experience their chart.

Lets look at a simple example. Your Sun conjuncts their Moon. Whatever your Sun involves in terms of other planetary links is what will flow from you. Whatever their Moon works with in their chart will flow to you. You already have your way of working with your Moon. You may find on first contact that you want to deal with their Moon like you do your Moon. They may not know quite how to handle your Sun relative to the way they express their Sun. But the connection point is your Sun and their Moon. You both stop at the connection point. Later on, once you each learn how to handle each other's energies the relationship and the shared boundary area may enlarge and change. But, keep in mind that you have enlarged and changed and have learned how to use Moon energies in different ways. Vice-versa for them using Sun energies. This is how you grow beyond your chart. Dave

Grigori

Thanks Dave. The people that seem to be most affected are those whose charts are intimately related to mine. What is puzzling me though is the timing of these events.

Why are these people I love all suffering through similar situations, and all right now? Everyday for the last couple weeks I've spent time talking to a different person, all from different areas of my life, whose life is going through upheaval at the moment. Each one reflects the same themes as I have been confronting lately. Even outside of my own relationships, emotions seem to be running high lately.

I feel like there must be a third thing involved. My natal chart, their natal chart, and something else that is making "now" the time this stuff is happening for us. I assumed transits (due to what has been happening in my chart in this regard) or perhaps just some generic energy that is going around at the moment.

I'm not really sure if I'm looking for confirmation of an astrological pandemic here, or just proof that its not all my fault :laugh: Perhaps its just growing pains.

dadsnook2000

Of course . . .

Of course there is a common link, a "something else." Transits and progressions. The natal chart is just one chart. We each have very many charts. If you are close to someone, then there are common connections between your chart and theres. Those connections in each chart can be triggered by transits.

To use the example cited earlier, there may not be a direct transit to your Sun and their Moon (both being in the same position), but transits may be affecting the planets your Sun and their Moon aspect. If you have an aspect pattern between two/more planets, any contact at any point will ring the bell. The aspect patterns and all the planets involved are the "bell." So, your bell and their bell are ringing at the same time. That's what happens when people are close, when charts have similarities.

Would you have it any other way? You and your friends are all sharing in common experiences as well as your own experiences. Dave

The_Star

the uncarved block....

similia said:
There has been some funny energy going on for me lately, and it has raised some questions for me on the nature of "me" and "them" in a chart.

I've got a couple difficult transits that have been playing hell with me, and escalating recently. But the last few weeks, I've seen the same type of issues over and over in my nearest and dearest. Ordinarily I would just assume I am projecting on others, but the incidence is getting to be way beyond co-incidence. I would say its disturbingly regular and pervasive. And affecting those closest to me the worse.

So how much of this is coming from me? Do the charts of people who are close to each other interact in reaction to transits, beyond simple compability of charts? Or maybe it is just something in the air that is affecting us all equally?

I guess thats a lot of questions all at once.... I'll shut up now.

You are in a hologram of your astrological chart. It is the mind that cleaves everything into a million different 'things'. As soon as you 'own' all of it then significant evolutionary work can begin.

Grigori

dadsnook2000 said:
Would you have it any other way? You and your friends are all sharing in common experiences as well as your own experiences. Dave

Thanks Dave. Nah I wouldn't have it any other way, but you know what they say about misery and company ;)

And thanks the The_Star also, though I think my hologram is mostly confused... I might need to cut it up into several smaller holograms for a while longer :D

isthmus nekoi

similia, it is also possible for chart elements, transits etc to signify your experience of others which is why astrologers can often make accurate readings in terms of early childhood environment, relationships w/parents etc.

Transits and progressions can often represent events that you experience indirectly rather than directly. For example, I've read very frequently of certain transits/progs when a family member dies (e.g. trans Pluto to progressed moon). Another less extreme example: I remember when Saturn was in my 6th house (workplace), my boss was having a very difficult time w/the company and finally quit, whereas as I fine and even liked the workplace.

Grigori

Thanks Isthmus. That my first thought also, just the sheer number of people affected was playing on my mind I guess. It's something that fascinates me because it seems to move a bit beyond "my" experience of "them" and into "our" experience of "us". One of those synchronicities I guess that makes things like astrology appealing.

I had a play with some of our charts last night, and was looking at the transits that I feel are affecting me, and seeing which of the planets affected have relationships to my friends planets etc. I'm not sure I learnt very much, but it was a good exercise at least.