which card is about bullying

star-lover

I'm thinking 5 of swords and/or 7 of wands though 8 of swords came to mind as well

and can the same card stand for both being a bully and being on the receiving end?

Would be interested to hear which card has come up in your readings if you have done any about this subject directly or indirectly

Emily

I've had the 9 Swords from the Liber T come up in a reading about a bully, it really fit the situation especially as the keyword for this card is 'Cruelty'.

The artwork of the Liber T fit as well, Knight in armour, with dead rabbits around him (obviously killed needlessly) and about to stab a sitting man (who is trying to ignore the knight) with a spear.

star-lover

omg, thanks Emily! How could I forget the 9 of swords - I can just see it now
thank you

In my deck, the Cosmic, the 9 of swords shows a man being bombarded/attacked by missiles

So in your deck the card is for the bully and in mine its for the victim which answers the question that its 2 different cards for victim/perpetrator

willowfox

5 swords, Knight swords Rx, Knight wands Rx, King swords Rx, King wands Rx

SoulDancer

Page of swords specially reversed

Alta

SoulDancer said:
Page of swords specially reversed
That would be a verbal bully for sure. Immature, striking quickly and below the belt with whatever words would hurt the most.

8 of swords could feeling surrounded by words and unable to reply, tongue-tied.

I think the King of wands reversed could bully others, though thinking that s/he was getting them to do things his/her way, which is of course. 'right'. They wouldn't see it as bullying.

9 of swords, RWS, could be the effects of bullying, too.

Interesting exercise to see the negative aspects of each of the Courts and how they could bully, that is, in what style. Even the Queen of cups reversed could be an emotional bully, though more along the lines of getting her own way by beating people down with emotional blackmail, and just emotional storms in general.

Alta

Emperor reversed could be a husband determined to rule the household with an iron hand, punishing those who gainsay him.

wow, I can think of the million ways a person can bully, there are so many shades, I am finding I can do tis for almost every card. Outright physicality, words meant to harm, forcing people into your path, emotional twisting and blackmail, lying, smearing. All forms of bullying and almost all negative forms in most cards represented.

star-lover

thank you for all the replies

i agree marion, since starting this i have realised its a wide ranging problem

so i guess there is no ONE card about it

all the courts reversed could be bullies i guess in their own special ways

thanks willow for knight of swords reversed i think is a brilliant one

page of swords will try it but wont have the stamina for it really the knight of swords rx is really nasty - the king of swords rx i think he would be more into himself than trying to attack another

star-lover

Marion said:
Emperor reversed could be a husband determined to rule the household with an iron hand, punishing those who gainsay him.

i would think the emperor reversed is frustrated and trying to maintain control of things rather than maliciously out to bully another

willowfox

star-lover said:
i would think the emperor reversed is frustrated and trying to maintain control of things rather than maliciously out to bully another

I can see Emperor Rx as a bully, a man who is immature and abusing his power over others, like a bad cop or a bad prison warden, a nasty boss, or a father who beats his wife and kids.