Which Haindl Book??

Namaste

I was given this beautiful deck, and I know it would be important to have at least one of Rachel Pollack’s books for a better understanding of these cards, but which one would you recommend?

I like to do an in-depth study of my decks.

Should I get the two volume (Majors and Minors) set of books, or The Haindl Tarot: A Reader’s Handbook, or all three?

Your help is much appreciated. :D

Milfoil

What a perfectly timed question Namaste, I've just bought a Haindl tarot deck also and though I love it, it will take some learning around.

Looking forward to the answers. Perhaps we can share notes? :)

Namaste

Milfoil said:
What a perfectly timed question Namaste, I've just bought a Haindl tarot deck also and though I love it, it will take some learning around.

Looking forward to the answers. Perhaps we can share notes? :)

That would be wonderful, Milfoil. :D

NightWing

Haindl Book Opinion

IMHO: If you can, buy the two volumes on the Haindl Majors/Minors by Pollack. They are likely to be reduced in price in some places now, and used copies can be found, AND if you are like me and carry a book around to read (on transit, waiting rooms, etc.), it is lighter and easier to just have the one smaller book to study at a time. As to the information contained in the books, I'm unaware of R. Pollack having changed her mind on anything important regarding the deck between editions. As far as I know, it is about "re-packaging" only. Pollack is an excellent source regarding the Haindl Tarot.

Namaste

NightWing said:
IMHO: If you can, buy the two volumes on the Haindl Majors/Minors by Pollack. They are likely to be reduced in price in some places now, and used copies can be found, AND if you are like me and carry a book around to read (on transit, waiting rooms, etc.), it is lighter and easier to just have the one smaller book to study at a time. As to the information contained in the books, I'm unaware of R. Pollack having changed her mind on anything important regarding the deck between editions. As far as I know, it is about "re-packaging" only. Pollack is an excellent source regarding the Haindl Tarot.

Thank you so much for your advice, NightWing, which I will follow. I am like you. I even read walking down the street. :laugh: (It's true).

Are you part of Gardener's Haindl study group?

snowy_owl

Used Copies Found

I just found a vast selection of the two individual books Majors and Minors at abebooks.com and was able to order both volumes from one bookseller.

Snowy Owl

Little Baron

Is the 'Readers Handbook' a completely different work, or is it a squashed version of the two books by Pollack?

Got the two today and admit to finding the minor interpretations a little less concrete than I might like.

LB

Kissa

Little Baron said:
Is the 'Readers Handbook' a completely different work, or is it a squashed version of the two books by Pollack?
LB

same question again... ;-)

thx in advance for the input,

kissa

AJ

it is basically the same book. You wouldn't need all three.