Which mini deck would you use....

Satori

for trimming a small Christmas tree?

I'd like to have a smaller Christmas tree this year, one of the little waist high fake trees, and trim it with Tarot cards and some little stars....

But which deck would lend itself to the job???

The miniFairy Tarot by LS sits unused in my cabinet, but is there a mini out there that would work better?

If the Whimsical was in mini form I would definitely use that, because then we could go to the tree for the last 12 of days of Christmas, pick a card, and tell the story on the card...oh what fun!

Suggestions welcome!

(um, probably should have put this in Tarot Decks...sorry moddies)

Catpaw

What a wonderful idea! I have the tiny R-W deck and that would be good to use. However, I really like your idea about the Whimsical and story telling.

Thanks much.

Annabelle

Ooo...cool idea! I'd probably choose the Visconti mini from Lo Scarabeo. The colors and the gold would look good on a Christmas tree, I think :).

Red Emma

Mini decks to decorate Yule Tree?

elf said:
for trimming a small Christmas tree?

I'd like to have a smaller Christmas tree this year, one of the little waist high fake trees, and trim it with Tarot cards and some little stars....

What a good idea! But since Motherpeace is the only mini I have, I guess it will have to do the job. Have to get a very small tree, however.

bleuivy

You could use the Whimsical, but cut off the borders. That would make it quite mini, I would imagine.

Otherwise, the deck that springs to mind is the LS Celtic Tarot, which I believe comes in mini now. The majors would be lovely as ornaments, I believe. Not so sure about the minors, though.

Great idea! I may have to try it out myself. :D

Sophie

I'm with Annabelle - the Visconti mini would look lovely on a Christmas tree.

Nydia

The mini Connolly Tarot might be good choice.

Satori

ooooh, so many lovely ideas! Thank you everyone. I am not a mini-Tarot collector, so I really don't know what decks are available as minis, but you know, I'm leaning toward getting a mini-Visconti for the tree...the gold would be very nice.

It might actually be nice to have two decks, perhaps a Visconti along with another, and trimming the Whimsical might be a nice way to go...I'd have to get a second Whimsical because I am not cutting my precious baby, but, it would be nice to have the option to do the stories with the cards. (Yet another sneaky way of mine to teach my girls how to read the cards.)

Now, any suggestions on how to hang the cards on the tree without holes in them?

Cascade

ornaments

Use mini clothespins. You can paint the wooden ones...

bleuivy

You could always prop the cards against the branches. That is how I put photographs on my tree at home, as well as a couple photo-ornaments whose hooks have fallen out. The only problem is you need a fairly strong tree with branches that are close together.

Meanwhile, I somehow missed completely the entire mini-Visconti discussion! That is a deck I've been eyeing for a while now, but I don't think I'm ready for it. But at the same time, the mini is just so cute! I honestly may steal your idea and have a mini-visconti tarot tree this year! :)