Which one should I get?

ThtDancerGuy

Hey guys,

So basically, I have a choice between purchasing the Gilded Tarot Royale deck by Ciro Marchetti, or the Gilded Reverie Lenormand deck, also by Ciro Marchetti. It's quite obvious that I love Ciro Marchetti's work. lol I can only afford one or the other at this time. I have his Gilded Tarot already; it's my main Tarot reading deck that I prefer to use most.
Recently, I have been feeling the pull toward learning and working with Lenormand cards, which everyone knows is an extreme 180 from Tarot reading. So I'm quite torn between which I should purchase. It's always great to get a little guidance from you awesome people on such matters! :)

Thanks so much!

Blessed be,
Chris

Vanchica

That's a dilemma! I have neither so I don't have any advice, just envy. I almost ordered the GR Lenormand as I start down the path of getting into that type of divination but didn't pull the trigger.

If it's a big financial committment then I'd say wait- buy the French Cartomancy or Blue Owl deck and see if you truly love Lenormand enough to committ the big bucks

But if you just want to collect and play, go for it!

feynrir

I have the Gilded Reverie Lenormand, and let me say that I really, REALLY love this deck. :) I too was bitten by the Lenormand bug and this deck was my perfect fit; it's truly a gem to behold.

However...

I will say that after filling up my first little Lenormand journal I've remained more of a tarot student. Tarot just works better with me.

Don't be afraid to try Lenormand though! The Gilded Reverie is an excellent stepping stone to doing so, especially if you like Ciro's work already. I'd say go for it. I also prefer its imagery to Ciro's Gilded (Royale) Tarot decks, but that's just my own personal preference speaking.

Lovers of Ciro's work can't resist the Royale, so really either way you won't go wrong. I'm just an advocate of trying new things and I have firsthand Gilded Reverie experience.

The Happy Squirrel

CM's style is NOT at all mine. Don't like any of his decks. BUT. I almost bought the Gilded Reverie. From what I can see, his first edition self published edition is far superior in quality. But the mass produced ones I heard is rather good too.

FLizarraga

Apples and oranges, really. One Lenormand, one Tarot deck. Very different systems.

Now, if we're talking bang for your buck, the Gilded Reverie can be had on the really cheap (about $14 in the States), and it's quite a lavish-looking little deck, gilded edges, box and all. The Gilded Royale is splendid all right, but it's also a much more steep purchase.

And I'm afraid I'm going to be really evil, but Ciro's Legacy of the Divine Tarot is a deck to die for, and also easy to get on the cheap. I'm told his new Oracle of Visions (which I don't have, yet) is just as wonderful, and equally inexpensive... })

OK, I'll quit being an evil enabler, but my point is that you can have three superb decks for less than what a single Gilded Royale would cost you. So it all comes down to how bad you want that Gilded Royale.

Pam O

Hi there ThtDancerGuy
I too have bought Lenormand decks that I love the art on, but I still have not connected with reading them. (Maybe I need a real live teacher since I also bought the infamous, top rated Lenormand books and I am still not dialed in.)

I too recommend one of Ciro's other decks. I have all his Tarot decks decks now, and the one I personally use the least is the Gilded Tarot Royale. Out of other 2, I would simply go for the one with the best price point, or more importantly, the one that might sell out and go OOP first.

Note: I do have Oracle of Visions, and I have used it, but not near as much as both the Legacy of the Divine Tarot and the Tarot of Dreams!

Enjoy making your decision!! :)

nisaba

If you already have the Gilded, I'd wait to get the Gilded Royale, and go the Lenormand instead, for now. Until you can afford both. :)

That being said, I don't do Lenormand, so here is a clear case of do as I say, not as I do.

ana luisa

Get the Reverie. It may even be the case that since you're so used to the old Gilded, you won't connect with the Royale as much (it has changed quite a bit).

Le Fanu

Gilded Royale. Packs a real punch. And as it's not a mass market edition, you can't assume it'll be around forever.

The Gilded Reverie probably will be available for some time - so when you have a bit more money you can buy that too. But the Gilded Royale is - for me - Ciro's triumph!

reall

Gilded Reverie Lenormand is must have!^^ no matter will you use it or just look at it is beautiful!^^;)))) (im talking about affordable U.S games version!^^ if you can get C.deck even better!^^;)))))))))
p.s and order one simple/standard card size Mille L!^^ you will need it for practice!^^;))))

as for Gilded Royale I find Gilded Tarot beautiful enough and if you are already good with working with it no need to order Royale? (except if you get good price!^^;)))))

LOD is on my wishlist!^^;))))