Which rider waite is the most intutive deck??

gorgeousbutterfly

i'm thinking the universal waite or pamela smith deck.. what do you think?

Muir Aingeal

I vote for the Albano-Waite.

Carla

What do you mean, most intuitive? I don't think I understand the question.

Richard

i'm thinking the universal waite or pamela smith deck.. what do you think?
Between those two decks, for me it would be the Smith. It has softer, somewhat more dreamy-looking images, whereas the Universal seems more incisive, with very precise images. The Smith whispers and sings; the Universal has a matter-of-fact tone of voice.

I've been hopelessly hooked on the Smith ever since I got it. It's closest competitor for me is a German-Belgian Albano-Waite, published in the late 1980s. However, the Smith has far-and-away better printing overall, and it speaks with much more subtlety and finesse.

daphne

Between those two decks, for me it would be the Smith. It has softer, somewhat more dreamy-looking images, whereas the Universal seems more incisive, with very precise images. The Smith whispers and sings; the Universal has a matter-of-fact tone of voice.

I've been hopelessly hooked on the Smith ever since I got it. It's closest competitor for me is a German-Belgian Albano-Waite, published in the late 1980s. However, the Smith has far-and-away better printing overall, and it speaks with much more subtlety and finesse.

What do you mean by Smith deck?

Sulis

I don't understand the question either.. Why would one RWS deck be more intuitive than another one with slightly different colouring?
The intuitive part comes from the reader surely.

gregory

I don't understand the question either.. Why would one RWS deck be more intuitive than another one with slightly different colouring?
The intuitive part comes from the reader surely.
Yes.

I can see that some decks are easier to read with "intuitively" - though EVERY TAROT READING IS INTUITIVE - or we could all just look up the books.

But to pick one Waite/Smith deck over another doesn't make much sense to me.

velvetina

I love the Waite-Smith above all others, but the colouring in the Albano genuinely makes me feel unwell, as if I might get a migraine :( so it stays in the back of my Tarot drawer.