Who are the best youtube tarot readers?

minotaur

There are many authors and instructors of tarot that appear on youtube. Over the years I have found that does not mean they are the best readers. For the most part, the big names I have met do good, solid tarot readings but not spectacular.

Who have you seen on youtube that (in your opinion) really shines when it comes to actually doing readings?

Grizabella

The only readers I've seen on Youtube are the "this card means this and that card means that" variety rather than really good readers who weave the cards together into actual coherent, solid reading. Granted, though, I haven't spent a huge amount of time trying to find readers on Youtube. I got bored with that elementary kind of reading and just didn't pursue it.

RunningWild

There are many authors and instructors of tarot that appear on youtube. Over the years I have found that does not mean they are the best readers. For the most part, the big names I have met do good, solid tarot readings but not spectacular.

Who have you seen on youtube that (in your opinion) really shines when it comes to actually doing readings?

I guess I'd want to know what you mean by "spectacular". What is it that you're looking for?

minotaur

I am looking for something more than "this card means this" standard interpretations. I don't see anything much more than readings pretty much anyone can do with a few stock card meanings.

Another type of reading on youtube is the obvious free one for a friend. This is usually praised by the sitter (aren't most free readings?) but when you watch the reading it really lacks specifics or emotional content of any kind.

I won't mention names of some of the authors I have seen do readings but they really weren't that much better than anyone else, though several of them have written wonderful books. I am curious if anyone has seen readers on youtube that create magick, emotion, powerful connections and insights, or things of this sort.

So give it a go...if you know of a reader on youtube that touches you emotionally, someone with that something extra (whatever that means to you), that is a good place to start.

Anyone?

canid

I don't know of any, no, but I think I've suggested before that people here do that. I wish I had a video of some of my better readings....they're not always perfect, ya know. Maybe ask the querant if they would mind you video taping & you'll send them a copy - that way you wouldn't feel on the spot to perform; you could pick & choose what to post. (I need to get rid of mine on reversals, I think it's pretty lame. I get stage fright.)

Alta

Wondering a bit, as like Grizabella I quickly got bored with the few I did watch, if those readers who are that good don't save their best readings for examples for paid classes.

Chiriku

The only readers I've seen on Youtube are the "this card means this and that card means that" variety rather than really good readers who weave the cards together into actual coherent, solid reading. Granted, though, I haven't spent a huge amount of time trying to find readers on Youtube. I got bored with that elementary kind of reading and just didn't pursue it.

All of the above goes for me. I go to YouTube for old Wham! videos, not to see tarot readings.

I do follow links to deck reviews where we can see all or most of the cards.

The most memorable YT tarot reading video I've seen was one I think Bhavana posted a couple of years ago--the seaside reader with the Morgan Greer so humidity-logged and abused, the stack on the table was practically 6 inches high. Note I did say "memorable" and not "illuminating."

ETA: minotaur, I agree with you that it would be nice to see some really meaty readings online, especially from pro readers who are not Tarot Enthusiasts--i.e. who represent the majority of readers out there.

Legion

AngeloNaosis is pretty talented. He is a blogger too, and sells readings on youtube, as i've understood it. He was prized Tarothaist of the year 2011, I think.

Theta Choir

I do occasionally scan YouTube looking to watch tarot readings, but to be honest it's kind of difficult for me to tell the good ones from the bad.

Sometimes they'll flip over a card and say their interpretation and my reaction is "Uh...WHAT???" I have a basic knowledge of all the upright meanings of the cards (and have been starting to study reversals recently) but sometimes I can't decide whether an interpretation that has taken me by surprise is a completely brilliant insight or simply an amateur trying to pass themselves off as more knowledgeable than they really are.

Of course, I don't want to criticize them; at least they're trying, right? Which is more than *I* have the courage to do at the moment. And ultimately, it's probably not my place to judge their interpretations anyway.

But it would be nice to be able to watch some readings performed by people who are generally accepted to be good readers.

Grizabella

AngeloNaosis is pretty talented. He is a blogger too, and sells readings on youtube, as i've understood it. He was prized Tarothaist of the year 2011, I think.

I typed that in but didn't come up with anything. Do you have any links?