Who or what are we asking?

DownUnderNZer

Me too about the Akashic records....

Only ONCE in multi dimensions have I seen PAST LIVES, A SPIRIT, and FUTURE ALL at the same time.

But it took 3 women to explain what had happened as I had no idea! :bugeyed: Of all the ones I could find - three practicing Witches, but two were directly connected to Spirit guides. And it made absolute SENSE with what they told me that night.

MIND BLOWING IF YOU EVER GET TO SEE SOMETHING LIKE THAT....SERIOUSLY.

Nothing in this life quite compares to seeing your own Past lives and Future rolled into one as you stand there watching it all from left to right like a film.

I think there is a connection to Ancient Egypt or even the Pyramids themselves because I saw the Pyramids as well with shifting sands and over different periods of time.

But on topic....

Reading the "Tarot" and through who or what - it comes down to the reader and intuition and/or how s/he has learnt or adapted to reading them. It is not about connecting to a higher self or guide etc because the Tarot is just a tool. Psychics/Mediums etc with strong abilities do not need anything, so the connection then is really a connection to something like Energy or what they believe is her/his source. E.g. Guides/Spirit/The Divine/Higher Self.

Tarot is really just a tool.

DND :)

I believe in the Askashic record--the soul record or the record of EVERYTHING that has ever happened up to this moment. I say that when I read it is like this:

Imagine you and the sitter going up on a mental helicopter (having an out of body experience.) You (the sitter) look down and see yourself and you see a trail leading backward behind you. You see yourself earlier in the day, meeting a friend by chance. Then you follow the FRIEND'S trail back and see where she had a fight with her husband or son earlier in the day. And you think, "so THAT is why she was so crabby!"

That is what happens when we read cards: we look down the Record of the person we are reading for and get information for them that they may find useful. I do believe the future, therefore is completely changeable, because it isn't created yet. And I am an atheist. I think the Universe is ultimately neutral. Like a computer. It doesn't think, it merely holds data.

Barb

IamTetsuo

Wow, what an interesting thread. I'm new here and surprised that the replies match a lot to my own way of thinking (Alan Watts <3, pantheism, universal consciouness). There are not any replies that 'outsiders'/non-spiritual people may think that Tarot enthusiasts would give, if you catch my drift.

I think that at the most basic level the Tarot 'brings out' the meaning from whoever is invested in it, i.e. who is asking the question. The cards are interpreted uniquely by the individual and meaning is created out of the conscious or sub-conscious mind in the same way that people interpret a film differently. To put it crudely, 'People see whatever they want to see in the sards'.

Beyond that I believe that there is a universal consiousness dimension that maps to the physical dimensions, these are two aspects of one reality and there are probably other 'kinds' of dimensions that we are unaware of. No dimension is superior or inferior and are synchronistically linked, so everything moves together, all at once. We can become tuned to the cards and our localised, focused consciouness can reach out across time and space and can receive and decode through intuition ( a la The High Priestess) or create through intention (a la The Magician). The cards then become the medium to bring that information in to a more everyday language.

I don't know if any of that is true or if it even made sense XD

uraszz

Wow, what an interesting thread. I'm new here and surprised that the replies match a lot to my own way of thinking (Alan Watts <3, pantheism, universal consciouness). There are not any replies that 'outsiders'/non-spiritual people may think that Tarot enthusiasts would give, if you catch my drift.

I think that at the most basic level the Tarot 'brings out' the meaning from whoever is invested in it, i.e. who is asking the question. The cards are interpreted uniquely by the individual and meaning is created out of the conscious or sub-conscious mind in the same way that people interpret a film differently. To put it crudely, 'People see whatever they want to see in the sards'.

Beyond that I believe that there is a universal consiousness dimension that maps to the physical dimensions, these are two aspects of one reality and there are probably other 'kinds' of dimensions that we are unaware of. No dimension is superior or inferior and are synchronistically linked, so everything moves together, all at once. We can become tuned to the cards and our localised, focused consciouness can reach out across time and space and can receive and decode through intuition ( a la The High Priestess) or create through intention (a la The Magician). The cards then become the medium to bring that information in to a more everyday language.

I don't know if any of that is true or if it even made sense XD

Yes this is truly what I believe too

In the modern day and age we are so fast paced that I truly believe that some people don't even realize that the physical and the spiritual are interconnected until the day they pass on. That's why Tarot or any form of divination is an invaluable tool to connect with that side of existence

More on the subject, I do think that this loss of connection with the metaphysical is an intentional one #runsofftoreadmoreconspiracytheories

IndigoWaves

When we read tarot where is the information coming from? Do the cards hold some kind of tangible power themselves? Are we asking our higher selves? A higher, unified consciousness? A god? Is it the universe aligning you up to see the cards you need to see on that day in order to further you on your path to wherever youre going? Is it 'empty' art that we give meaning by reading into?
I've come to conclude over the years that my Tarot card "replies" are most often provided by various spiritual entities. Definitely not a "God" (-as if he/she/it would ever care about our piddly-assed struggles down here), but relatively "simple", relatable humans who are currently in spirit form... Deceased or otherwise not-yet-incarnated folks who happen to notice my Tarot reading, and who -- finding it an entertaining distraction -- decide to help me out with it (if they're in the mood, that is)...

Often, I can sense a cloud of energy (if I focus on it while shuffling), with hazy, upright/standing figures but no specific faces... It's like a random, foggy group within which any spirit may choose to "hear" a Tarot reading's query and "deal" the answer accordingly... Whoever finds it a topic of interest and wishes to participate, it seems. (I suspect that some of them are rather bored with the limitations of their spirit forms and get a kick out of influencing/assisting an incarnated person via Tarot cards, when the opportunity appears.)

The only time that I feel my own energy is when reading for myself and "wishful thinking" sneaks in -- inserting inaccurately happy, lovey-dovey cards into a hopeless situation -- which requires re-focusing, re-shuffling, and dealing over again... Also, I occasionally sense my deceased mother "lending a hand" when I read for myself -- in which case I tend to get, "Cheer up! Things will get better!" cards that I have trouble believing, because they reflect the deeply caring but sometimes over-optimistic outlook that she had IRL... ;)). Most often though, I can feel my cards being arranged and presented by the aforementioned faceless spirits who have no particular emotional investment in the readings... And these unknown pre-/post-people provide my most accurate readings, from what I've observed.

Despite curiousity, however, I choose not to focus too much on the potential identity of any one spirit, due to the risk of his/her becoming attached to me -- finding energy/"fuel" in my attention and eventually causing havoc, Ouija board-style... Because of the apparent spirit-communication that I've experienced when doing Tarot readings, I do feel the need to be cautious, with careful intent and awareness. The cards definitely have the potential to open portals if "misused" (as any item can, technically, if employed in such a manner).

SunChariot

Hi everybody, if this thread already exists or its in the wrong place let me know, I couldn't see it in the indexes.

When we read tarot where is the information coming from? Do the cards hold some kind of tangible power themselves? Are we asking our higher selves? A higher, unified consciousness? A god? Is it the universe aligning you up to see the cards you need to see on that day in order to further you on your path to wherever youre going? Is it 'empty' art that we give meaning by reading into?

For me its a bit of a mixture. I believe that Im being shown what I need to be shown so I can see what I need to see. For that reason I try and trust my intuitive reading over the lwb. I do believe a higher intelligence is guiding that, though. A higher self or a unified counscious field but Im still working that out.

What do you think?

Enviado desde mi LT30p mediante Tapatalk

No one knows the answer to that of course. But as for my opinion/belief on that, I believe it is God/the angels.

I believe that they want to help us if we ask. Know all the answers, and can ensure the right cards come up and even help us to understand those cards as we should.

The funny thing is that since becoming a reader, I find that when I am looking for an answer and ask...the answer comes up outside of the readings too. I will get signs from my everyday life as well. Some pretty amazing ones at times too.

So to me, that is where my answers come from and who i am asking when I read.

Babs

uraszz

No one knows the answer to that of course. But as for my opinion/belief on that, I believe it is God/the angels.

I believe that they want to help us if we ask. Know all the answers, and can ensure the right cards come up and even help us to understand those cards as we should.

The funny thing is that since becoming a reader, I find that when I am looking for an answer and ask...the answer comes up outside of the readings too. I will get signs from my everyday life as well. Some pretty amazing ones at times too.

Babs

Synchronicity at it's best and I loved the Jung quote in your signature. So true.

-uraszz

FinoAllaFine

I've been travelling for the past week so I'm just reading all of these replies now - thanks everybody who took the time to respond.

Your first paragraph - for me it's actually not that we see what we want to see (although actually if you want a 'mandate' from the cards you do just that ), but we are being shown what we need to see. That for me is why I won't just go by the LWB meanings in a reading, I will intuit different things in the same card depending on any number of factors affecting me at that moment.

I also agree with you about the universal consciousness. Through our connection to it we are lead to see/do/feel/think certain things on a subconscious/superconscious level. Learning how to interact with these other dimensions can be crucial to a person's spiritual development and in fact we may be out of harmony with them and not moving in tandem as you described.

FinoAllaFine

Me too about the Akashic records..
But on topic....

Reading the "Tarot" and through who or what - it comes down to the reader and intuition and/or how s/he has learnt or adapted to reading them. It is not about connecting to a higher self or guide etc because the Tarot is just a tool. Psychics/Mediums etc with strong abilities do not need anything, so the connection then is really a connection to something like Energy or what they believe is her/his source. E.g. Guides/Spirit/The Divine/Higher Self.

Tarot is really just a tool.

DND :)

Firstly the experience you described sounds utterly amazing. Have you had anything comparable since?

I agree with you that the tarot is a tool - it seems to me to be a very useful tool in communicating with other dimensions, and the rich symbolism alongside having a heightened sense of intuition allows us to receive very detailed responses. It's like when I used to pray to God in the Christian manner, and struggle to catch much in the way of a helpful answer - with the tarot I believe that I am asking the same 'holy spirit' but my mode of asking the question allows for far easier communication.

Surely you would agree that the tarot is a tool which we can use for the very purpose of connecting to a higher self or similar entity/energy? What would you say if I suggested that psychic ability is nothing more than a sharp intuition?

FinoAllaFine

Babs

I loved your response, as it is in line with my belief that the tarot are a very useful tool, but they are simply a vehicle which allows us an easy way to exercise our intuition. We can quite easily see 'signs' in the cards, eventually we should all hope to see the same signs in everyday life. I see this as equal to what my Christian girlfriend refers to as being 'guided by God'.

FinoAllaFine

I've come to conclude over the years that my Tarot card "replies" are most often provided by various spiritual entities. Definitely not a "God" (-as if he/she/it would ever care about our piddly-assed struggles down here), but relatively "simple", relatable humans who are currently in spirit form... Deceased or otherwise not-yet-incarnated folks who happen to notice my Tarot reading, and who -- finding it an entertaining distraction -- decide to help me out with it (if they're in the mood, that is)...

The only time that I feel my own energy is when reading for myself and "wishful thinking" sneaks in -- inserting inaccurately happy, lovey-dovey cards into a hopeless situation -- which requires re-focusing, re-shuffling, and dealing over again... Also, I occasionally sense my deceased mother "lending a hand" when I read for myself -- in which case I tend to get, "Cheer up! Things will get better!" cards that I have trouble believing, because they reflect the deeply caring but sometimes over-optimistic outlook that she had IRL... ;)). Most often though, I can feel my cards being arranged and presented by the aforementioned faceless spirits who have no particular emotional investment in the readings... And these unknown pre-/post-people provide my most accurate readings, from what I've observed.

Can I take from your reply that you do not see our spiritual bodies as being part of a greater, single and connected consciousness? Is our separation in this life not an illusion? I'm quite surprised that that idea hasn't ever occurred to me before.