Who's perception is right?

MariaPeea

It's hard....but! You will eventually get the hang of it. What really, really helped me read for myself: Picture yourself as a tarot card reader, and the cards you just pulled arent for you -they're for someone else. You can even be like "Well, well, what do we have here...okay, so you asked "whats going to happen to me tomorrow. Well, I can see here that..." etc, etc. This way, you take YOURSELF out of the situation, and you can read objectively.

it sounds silly, but it saved me.

:)

nisaba

SunriseDesire said:
But, alot of the time, the person who drew the cards originally has an idea as to their meaning, while other people feel differently. So who is right?
If a person feels the need to ask, tehn they are not getting that Aha!-sensation from their own interpretation of the cards.

I suggest reading all the offered inerpretations, until you have one that gives you that feeling, and makes sense in your context.

there is not one single person on the forum who is always going to be right, and not one single person who is always going to be wrong. chances are, though, if you feel the need to ask about your interpretation in the first place, your subconscious mind knows that it is not right.

Grizabella

SunriseDesire said:
But, alot of the time, the person who drew the cards originally has an idea as to their meaning, while other people feel differently. So who is right? It seems that if tarot is something our higher self is directing, shouldnt our perception be correct as opposed to others? Just something I am wondering.

I would say that the person who is the most objective and the most experienced with the cards is the one most likely to be "right". Notice I said "most likely", though, not "guaranteed" to be right. No reader is 100% infallible.

nisaba

Grizabella said:
I would say that the person who is the most objective and the most experienced with the cards is the one most likely to be "right". Notice I said "most likely", though, not "guaranteed" to be right. No reader is 100% infallible.
<panic> OMG, we agree.

SunriseDesire

Maria: what you said makes sense!

Yeah, I think if your posting it, its because your unsure. But its also true no one is ever always right...only time will tell who is. I read the cards individually...Im still not good at putting it all together